Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

All Discussions Tagged 'technology' (23)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

A trip to Tomorrow's World

For years, we learned what the future would look like via Tomorrow's World. We thought we'd all be flying about in jet packs by now... Tak…

Started by Liz

0 Sep 14, 2009

School closures website set up within 28 hours. So what?

Okay, at first my response was wow, that's an impressively quick response to the problems thrown up by last Monday. But on reflection, I t…

Started by Liz

2 Feb 4, 2009
Reply by Liz

Guardian's list of 100 top sites for the year ahead

Alas, no Harringay online this year, but some interesting other sites listed http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2008/dec/18/internet-web

Started by Nigel Lupton (luptonn)

6 Dec 19, 2008
Reply by StephenBln

Our Futures - "Cloud Computing"

Coming soon (like now) to a computer near you - cloud computing in which data and applications will not be stored on individuals' compute…

Started by Hugh

2 Nov 1, 2008

Microsoft do not like the letters G.A.Y.

I am an enthusiastic backgammon player and often use the Microsoft games website to play against other players. This evening I was playijng…

Started by Michael Anderson

7 Nov 1, 2008
Reply by Michael Anderson

"w00t" crowned word of year by U.S. dictionary

This was one of those words I kept seeing around and had no idea what it meant. Si I Googled it, only to find that it was word of the year…

Started by Hugh

0 Oct 28, 2008

Blog Action Day Wrap Up

Not sure we did so great here, but for those interested, here's a wrap up of the outcome of blog action day.

Started by Hugh

0 Oct 22, 2008

What Terabyte Times We're Living Through

The other day I was going through one of my semi-regular musings at how incredibly fast the world's computing prowess has developed in ou…

Started by Hugh

3 Oct 19, 2008
Reply by Liz

Googling is good for the ageing brain

Some researchers believe that searching the internet could improve brain function – at least among older people. More here

Started by Liz

3 Oct 16, 2008
Reply by Liz

Some pointless banter about Face Book

If you use FaceBook and you like a bit of pointless ranting about it, then this article might amuse you: here I actually have a friend on…

Started by Liz

3 Oct 3, 2008
Reply by matt

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service