Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

All Discussions Tagged 'scam' (58)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Telephone Scam - happening now!

From Haringey Neighbourhood Watch: A reminder of a telephone scam brought to your attention last year that is still happening. Please note…

Started by HoL Site Admin

8 Jan 30, 2013
Reply by John D

Little Book of Big Scams

In this useful pdf the police are arming us with good information and a timely warning of some of the most common scams in the Big Smoke…

Started by Hugh

3 Aug 24, 2012
Reply by Hugh

"charity" clothing collection

Today I was going through a clear out of mine and my husbands clothes with the intent of driving the large bags of good quality clothing to…

Started by Suzanne Charlton

3 Aug 1, 2012
Reply by Suzanne Charlton

Phone calls from a secret and mysterious IT companies offering installation anti-virus and anti-spyware software

Dear All Over the last two weeks we have been running a quite interesting discussion about the necessity of buying an extra hard drive to b…

Started by Marek

21 Jun 16, 2012
Reply by Marek

Council Tax band scam

Not sure if this scam has reached Harringay yet but just in case it does: The Valuation Office Agency (VOA) would like to warn householders…

Started by Liz

0 Jun 12, 2012

Cash Machine scam on Green Lanes

@underbundle has reported on Twitter that thieves are operating a scam operating on Green Lanes at the moment. People are apparently being…

Started by HoL Site Admin

0 May 24, 2012

I got conned - be careful

Often hear of the different scams round the neighbour hood so generally dont answer my door bell unless I recognise  the person well my lit…

Started by tigha

1 May 23, 2012
Reply by tigha

Public Service message: IQ Elite is a phishing scam

If anyone you know "sends" you a link to a personality test that purports to be from "IQ elite", don't bother with it: it's a phishing scam…

Started by Clive Carter

1 May 2, 2012
Reply by Marek

Warning - Scammers offering to collect household rubbish on the ladder

My housemates were duped into a man who said he was from the council, and offered for £10, (which he said he would give to charity), to tak…

Started by Danielle Kummer

3 Apr 25, 2012
Reply by Con

Windows virus scam alert

FOR the second day running I have taken an unsolicited overseas call from someone (called "Kevin" this time) who tries to tell me that my c…

Started by Clive Carter

22 Apr 5, 2012
Reply by matt

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service