Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

All Discussions Tagged 'new river tower' (10)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The Sound of the Stonebridge Brook Still Flowing under Harringay?

In response to a post yesterday about the old council depot on Wightman Road (opposite Effingham), I posted an outline of the building's hi…

Started by Hugh

20 Dec 27, 2022
Reply by cavendishmark

What was this?

These chimneys are on the new River which backs onto M&A motors on Wightman road. Any idea of what they would have been for? 

Started by Sticky beak

4 Oct 1, 2020
Reply by tim p

Curious about a building on the New River .

Have meant to ask this before but been reminded today. The attached photos are of a rectangular brick built tower behind M&A Motors on…

Started by tim p

6 Mar 27, 2020
Reply by Hugh

Not Discovered Harringay's Hidden River yet?

In response to a post I made earlier in the week, I was reminded that many of us don't get the time to explore the neighbourhood we live…

Started by Hugh

7 Jul 29, 2019
Reply by Hugh

New River structure

I've notice it a couple of times before, but have never been able to figure out the purpose of the two-storey brick structure half-way down…

Started by Terry Riley

19 Jul 29, 2019
Reply by Hugh

Kinda Interesting.......

An anonymous contributor just added this to the main Harringay page on Wikipedia: Until 1942 there was a foot tunnel running under the Gre…

Started by Hugh

14 Oct 24, 2018
Reply by Jimmy

New River Tower - See Also This Post

See also this post in the History of Harringay Group: https://www.harringayonline.com/group/historyofharringay/forum/topics/a-tunnel-under-

Started by HoL Site Admin

0 Oct 13, 2018

An Early Autumn Afternoon on the New River Harringay

And much better without the drink cans!

Started by Hugh

4 Oct 12, 2018
Reply by Hugh

Does anyone know what this building along the New River is - or was?

The other day, whilst out for a walk, I noticed this rather fine building on the far bank of the stretch of the New River than you can walk…

Started by Hugh D

9 Dec 6, 2013
Reply by Simon Lewandowski

New River Tower

For discussions tagged New River Tower in the History Group, click here. (The tags in our software don't link across various parts of the w…

Started by Hugh

0 Oct 6, 2009

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service