Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

All Discussions Tagged 'new river' (105)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Venetian potential of the New River

Does anyone know why... When they built the bridges over the New River (the section that passes through the ladder), they made a lot of the…

Started by tom

1 Jul 6, 2019
Reply by Lauren

Flying Lobsters

Live lobsters have twice been found around our home, which is beside the new river. My neighbour found one whole (small) living blue one an…

Started by Nicholas

22 Jun 17, 2019
Reply by V&M

Cygnet Family Outing, Patient Mr Heron, Bloody Beer Can Trees....(and a can of White Truffles?)

On my way to Crouch End this morning, I saw the Wightman heron again. The other week he was on Wightman Castle (ahem). Today he was waiting…

Started by Hugh

9 Oct 18, 2018
Reply by Gordon T

An Early Autumn Afternoon on the New River Harringay

And much better without the drink cans!

Started by Hugh

4 Oct 12, 2018
Reply by Hugh

Wightman Road Heron

This snapshot and grainy crop might not do the bird justice, but they do record what I foud to be a surprising sight. To see a heron si…

Started by Hugh

12 Oct 12, 2018
Reply by Hugh

New River Cantata - The Film

Gosh, a completed opus! When I emailed Harringay Warehouse District based composer Stuart Wood early this year and asked if he had a Ne…

Started by Hugh

9 Sep 10, 2018
Reply by Jacki Reason

Has anyone else seen a swan doing this???

This chappie was playing with his reflection for over 20 minutes and I spotted him (why do I think it's a him?) doing it again the follow…

Started by YvonneR

15 Sep 8, 2018
Reply by Bob Lindsay-Smith

Oh no! Only 5 cygnets - anyone know what happened to the other 3?

For the last few days there have only been 5 cygnets with their parents. I suspect it's not good news - but does anyone anything about the…

Started by YvonneR

11 Aug 10, 2018
Reply by YvonneR

If it keeps on rainin'...

New River level been looking very high recently - and forecast 30mm rain in one hour tonight...

Started by JoeW

11 Jul 24, 2017
Reply by Dick Harris

Harringay being Eaten by Americans!

Walking through Finsbury Park earlier, I saw a couple of workmen finishing off a job on the western bank of the New River in the park. Ch…

Started by Hugh

19 Jan 5, 2017
Reply by Antoinette

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service