Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

All Discussions Tagged 'nature notes' (266)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Nature notes: what to see at Railway Fields this month

Winter always feels like a quiet time in Nature but, in reality, it's just that she requires you to have a little patience, listen a little…

Started by Liz

3 Jan 28, 2018
Reply by Michele

Nature notes: Rare bird visits Walthamstow Wetlands

A little out of our immediate area, I'll grant you, but only a short bus ride away is the newly opened Walthamstow Wetlands, a wonderful pl…

Started by Liz

1 Jan 25, 2018
Reply by claire taylor

Nature notes in January: damp days and a promise of Spring on a street tree

These days of damp and cold can be tough on the mental health after Christmas but this promise of Spring days to come on Mattison was a moo…

Started by Liz

12 Jan 13, 2018
Reply by Nicky

How a few minutes with Nature can boost your happiness

Even the most PollyAnnaish of us (yeah, me) can find the grey days and cold of November a drain on our well-being. However, research from F…

Started by Liz

3 Nov 10, 2017
Reply by Roslyn Byfield

The rise of the Red Admiral

It’s been a good year for the Red Admiral. Despite a wet summer, its numbers have risen by 75%, compared to last year. It certainly feels l…

Started by Liz

6 Nov 10, 2017
Reply by Friends of Railway Fields

How to spend 15 minutes making a bumblebee pot

In autumn and early winter, queen bumblebees look for a warm, dry home - often using old vole or shrew holes. These instructions for making…

Started by Liz

1 Nov 9, 2017
Reply by NickM

Vote now and share the love for Lordship Rec

Sadly, I've not been able to get to Lordship Rec for a few weeks (long story) but, between Autumn last year and the Summer holidays, I was…

Started by Liz

0 Oct 26, 2017

Where were all the wasps this year?

Think about it. Who has not been been chased screeching around a picnic as a child, followed by determined wasps after your jam sarnie? In…

Started by Liz

1 Oct 19, 2017

We're going on a moth hunt

Over the next three nights, wildlife lovers are being asked to take a torchlight safari of ivy flowers and count some of the moths that are…

Started by Liz

7 Oct 17, 2017
Reply by Alyson

Come fly with me at Railway Fields

One sign that Summer is well and truly here is the appearance of the Gatekeeper butterfly. It is one of the last butterflies to emerge; fly…

Started by Liz

0 Jul 10, 2017

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service