Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

All Discussions Tagged 'nature notes' (265)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Nature notes: Moths! Ants! Bees! Wet Wipes!

I've been enjoying some beautiful pictures from around the local area while sitting in my garden watching fledglings learn to negotiate the…

Started by Liz

2 Jul 22, 2020
Reply by Liz

Nature notes: Queen's Wood Oaks in peril! Flying Ants! Swifts are weird! Save the Insects!

In this week's Nature notes, more local trees need your help, community gardeners required in Wood Green and find out why swifts are wonder…

Started by Liz

9 Jul 19, 2020
Reply by maggie

Join the Big Butterfly Count starting Friday 17th July

The Big Butterfly Count is a UK-wide survey aimed at helping assess the health of our environment simply by counting the amount and type o…

Started by Liz

2 Jul 14, 2020
Reply by Liz

The Return of Nature Notes: cannibal rats! giant robins! trees in peril!

After a bit of a break from Nature Bothering, Nature Notes is back. I've rounded up some local Nature News (sorry still nothing about Railw…

Started by Liz

2 Jul 13, 2020
Reply by Liz

Nature notes: why I would join a march to save the swifts

When I was a child, the summer skies above my head were full of swifts, the air filled with that distinctive scream as they swooped and div…

Started by Liz

11 Jun 1, 2020
Reply by Protheroe O'Shea

Garden Wildlife: Take care around nesting birds

If you're planning any garden maintenance, please look out for nesting birds and take care not to disturb them. I've definitely got blackbi…

Started by Liz

2 May 8, 2020
Reply by Liz

Garden Wildlife: Colour Beautiful Butterflies

If you're staying in because of the (welcome) rainy weather, how about entering Butterfly Conservation's Colouring Competition? The compet…

Started by Liz

0 Apr 30, 2020

Citizen Scientists ! Get ready for the City Nature Challenge this weekend!

Take part in the City Nature Challenge from the Natural History Museum this weekend! Join cities around the world to find and identify wil…

Started by Liz

0 Apr 22, 2020

Nature notes: join our daily lockdown Nature challenges on the Friends of Railway Fields FB page

Railway Fields is closed to the public but Nature is everywhere so everyday we're trying to come up with daily suggestions for the young an…

Started by Liz

0 Apr 16, 2020

Garden Wildlife Watch: Bee spotting on the clematis

I'm very happy that the weather has turned warmer and the bees and butterflies are busy in the garden. This week I've spent a lot of time s…

Started by Liz

9 Apr 12, 2020
Reply by h4k

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service