Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

All Discussions Tagged 'crops' (8)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Edible crops galore

With all this sunny weather, everything in the garden is booming and we are picking raspberries every day.  My newly established gooseberry…

Started by Dick Harris

2 Jun 23, 2022
Reply by Dick Harris

Second edible crop of the year

Here are a few spears of asparagus.  A treat which should go on giving for most of May.

Started by Dick Harris

6 Apr 29, 2022
Reply by John Leeming

Autumn garden produce

This large fruit is growing on a long vine that erupted from the ground where some of our home made compost had been spread.  It appeared m…

Started by Dick Harris

11 Nov 27, 2020
Reply by vaneska

November in the garden

Guy Fawkes Night is always a good time to get rid of the accumulated pile of prunings, brambles and other woody detritis. This year the fla…

Started by Dick Harris

3 Nov 19, 2020
Reply by Dick Harris

White beet crop

For the first time I have grown what were sold to me as "white beetroot".  Here are a few I harvested today: and this is…

Started by Dick Harris

2 Aug 14, 2020
Reply by Dick Harris

Potato crop

Here is the result of planting one seed potato back in March.  This is a main crop variety called Picasso. 2.5kg from one little spud.  The…

Started by Dick Harris

4 Jul 30, 2020
Reply by EMC2

Bean seedlings

I have five runner bean seedlings and 6 climbing French bean seedlings surplus to my needs. Going free to first come first served.

Started by Dick Harris

5 May 8, 2020
Reply by Dick Harris

This year's crops

I am happy to report that the corona virus lock-down has had no discernible effect on the garden - except perhaps to mean that I have been…

Started by Dick Harris

2 Apr 10, 2020
Reply by V Shipp

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service