Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Community News, Issues, Chat & Information (8,581)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Autumn garden produce

This large fruit is growing on a long vine that erupted from the ground where some of our home made compost had been spread.  It appeared m…

Started by Dick Harris

11 Nov 27, 2020
Reply by vaneska

Big fat white grubs in the garden

For all you naturalists out there, can someone identify these large white grubs?  They are about an inch long and were embedded in the well…

Started by Dick Harris

10 Nov 26, 2020
Reply by Gordon T

Doorstep Carols

Our street (Umfreville) is planning to get involved in this - carol singing on the doorstep, on Wednesday 16th December, supported by BBC l…

Started by Maddy

0 Nov 26, 2020

River Action Group training for cleaning up the New River Walk

Hi all; Just before the lockdown, I was organising a New River Walk clean-up from Seven Sisters Road to Middleton Road.  It never happened…

Started by Cowper

4 Nov 24, 2020
Reply by John Miles

Does anyone have an ORIGINAL ceiling rose?

We're restoring a house on Stanhope Gardens and trying to be fairly faithful to the original design. Does anyone have an original ceiling r…

Started by Sophie Smith

12 Nov 24, 2020
Reply by Sophie Smith

Harringay power cut

A power cut started today on Hewitt Road and other nearby roads. It’s apparently a fault at Green Lanes substation and could take 4 hours t…

Started by Hugh

5 Nov 24, 2020
Reply by Hugh

Exciting new volunteer opportunity!

The NHS (North Central London CCG) and Healthwatch Haringey are looking for volunteer 'Digital IT Buddies' to help local residents remotely…

Started by Andy

0 Nov 21, 2020

Advent Windows/Winter Wonderland/Food Bank fund raising

Hi  I am tentatively posting this as I know it’s a while till Christmas but I was wondering if, given the rollercoaster ride of 2020, wheth…

Started by Esther Little

21 Nov 20, 2020
Reply by Esther Little

November in the garden

Guy Fawkes Night is always a good time to get rid of the accumulated pile of prunings, brambles and other woody detritis. This year the fla…

Started by Dick Harris

3 Nov 19, 2020
Reply by Dick Harris

Collage Arts - How does a community arts group respond to Covid-19?

The Lockdown Monologues - 8 Original Stories The Lockdown Monologues have been developed as a result of Arts Council England investment by…

Started by Collage Arts

0 Nov 19, 2020

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service