Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Forum Discussions (44,304)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Staying at the Beaconsfield

Some American friends of mine have booked rooms in the Beaconsfield, which I thought was just a big pub, but is apparently also a hotel. Th…

Started by Maddy in Local Shops & Businesses: News & Chat

8 May 31, 2011
Reply by Germana

Sharon Shoesmith wins appeal

From BBC Website An ex-children's services director says she is "thrilled" to have won a Court of Appeal battle over her sacking after Baby…

Started by Mr Growbag in Borough-wide & from Other Local Areas

35 May 31, 2011
Reply by Billy Hole

Window Farming

"Window farming," as it is called, is catching on in New York City and beyond. Window farmers use recycled 1.5 liter water bottles, clay…

Started by Hugh in Ideas for Better City Living

3 May 30, 2011
Reply by Hugh

Annual London Survey 2011

The London Survey is a major annual opinion survey of Londoners, commissioned by the Mayor and the Greater London Authority. It seeks to ca…

Started by Hugh in Miscellany

0 May 30, 2011

Cold snap means, Sally (77 and disabled) will run out of food in two days

Sally is 77 and disabled. She can't get out to the supermarket in this cold weather and doesn't have the equipment or the tech savvy to ord…

Started by Hugh in Miscellany

10 May 30, 2011
Reply by Hugh

Hornsey Town Hall - a community resource?

We would like as many people as possible to fill in a survey on how Crouch End residents and businesses view the Hornsey Town Hall, now and…

Started by Gillian in Borough-wide & from Other Local Areas

5 May 29, 2011
Reply by PaulG

Yet another missing cat, she's only 7 months and I am going mad!

My kitten went out on Sunday night around 9 pm, and has not been sen since. This is unusual, as she's very keen on her breakfast, and she a…

Started by Anette in Pets (including lost/found)

36 May 29, 2011
Reply by Hugh

HOL Cookie Use

So how does HOL plan to deal with the new legal requirement regarding cookie use for this site: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-135412

Started by Inkjetpack in About Harringay Online

1 May 29, 2011
Reply by Hugh

North Harringay Primary deputy head running a 55-mile ultra-marathon to raise money for school

The site admin elves are very impressed to read about North Harringay deputy head teacher,  Christiaan Maree who is set to run two marathon…

Started by HoL Site Admin in Local News and Stories from HoL

2 May 29, 2011
Reply by Angela

Amazonian scale tree clearances on our railway embankment?

Yes, I know, rather a Daily Mail style of a headline. I changed it half way through writing having come across this picture of work going…

Started by Hugh in Community News, Issues, Chat & Information

28 May 28, 2011

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service