Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Forum Discussions (44,305)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Jane's London

From time to time I dip into the website Jane's London. If you love the quirkier aspects of London streets and buildings you probably know…

Started by Alan Stanton in Borough-wide & from Other Local Areas

0 Mar 23, 2013

1950s North Harringay Playground Games

Boys playing street football in London, 1950s A question emailed in from a old Harringavian. Can you help? Does anyone remember the boys p…

Started by Hugh in Local History (See History Group for main postings)

15 Mar 23, 2013
Reply by John D

Need somebody to look at my fridge

My fridge has started making a strange rattling noise which doesn't sound too healthy. Can anyone recommend somebody to come and fix it?

Started by Mark Smith in Trades & Services Recommended/Wanted

4 Mar 23, 2013
Reply by Emma

HMV's last day in Wood Green

A lot of words have been written about where the company went wrong but still a sad day for Wood Green and its staff as HMV close down toda…

Started by Liz in Local Shops & Businesses: News & Chat

1 Mar 22, 2013
Reply by Julia

Cleaner wanted

Can anyone recommend a cleaner in the turnpike lane area? I've done a quick search on the forum for previous recommendations and they go ba…

Started by Shaheeda in Trades & Services Recommended/Wanted

7 Mar 22, 2013
Reply by Grazyna Bonati

Twitter turns 7...here's why I love tweeting.

Do you tweet? Or do you think it's for the bird brains of this world? It was Hugh that persuaded me to open my Twitter account and although…

Started by Liz in Miscellany

6 Mar 22, 2013
Reply by Liz

Update re Sainsburys Church Street planning application

I just got this from the Hackney planning office: "[...] I write to advise that I have prepared a report regarding the above-mentioned appl…

Started by pamish in Borough-wide & from Other Local Areas

0 Mar 22, 2013

Crochet in Crouch End

As part of Crouch End Festival we are looking for people to help brighten up the area with lots of lovely crochet and knitted pieces which…

Started by Jacqueline Osley in Community News, Issues, Chat & Information

3 Mar 22, 2013
Reply by Jacqueline Osley

Jazz at The Salisbury Presents - Sunday 24th of March - Quadraceratops and The Paul Baxter Quartet

Hello all. This Sunday night at The Salisbury we have some excellent music for you .......  Quadraceratops are a septet playing Cath’s ori…

Started by Jazz at The Salisbury in Events / Activities / Things to Do

0 Mar 22, 2013

Phone snatched at Green Lanes Bus Stop

A warning this morning from a Harringay local who had his phone snatched as he alighted from a bus on Green Lanes near St Ann's Road. Bry…

Started by Hugh in Crime, Scams and Policing

0 Mar 22, 2013

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service