Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Miscellany (1,488)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Love me. Love my microbiome.

"The crook of your elbow is not just a plain patch of skin. It is a piece of highly coveted real estate, a special ecosystem, a bountiful h…

Started by Hugh

2 May 26, 2008
Reply by marc garrett

If London were like Venice

See this extract from If London Were Like Venice: Oh! That It Were! by Signor Somers L. Summers Harmsworth's Magazine, August 1899, over at…

Started by Hugh

1 May 26, 2008
Reply by Alan Stanton

The biggest drawing in the World

Well you gotta do something with your spare time, eh.

Started by Hugh

0 May 26, 2008

River & Lake Swimming

I came across this article in yesterday's Guardian which opens up a world of wonderful natural places to swim in the UK such as Lumb Falls…

Started by Hugh

1 May 25, 2008
Reply by Anette

What’s left of the rainforest in the Mato Grosso state of Brazil

This is what’s left of part of the rainforest in the Mato Grosso state of Brazil. A tiny sliver of rainforest, surrounded by fields upon…

Started by Hugh

0 May 24, 2008

James Mason's "The London Nobody Knows", 1967

1967 Documentary on disappearing London presented by James Mason now on You Tube - a diverting little set of films: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 P…

Started by Hugh

0 May 24, 2008

Student protest remembered 40 years on

This from the Hornsey & Crouch End Journal: The Art revolution that rocked Hornsey in 1968 is remembered next week with a special anni…

Started by Hugh

3 May 23, 2008
Reply by Hugh

Low Tech uses for Hi tech Gadget

Russell Davies covered the front of his laptop with blackboard paint; it now doubles as a quick jotpad for to-do lists, etc. Great idea, bu…

Started by Hugh

3 May 22, 2008
Reply by GK/OD

"Love London"

News of a new grouping that may be of interest to some members: Love London is a project of the London 21 Sustainability Network. It aims…

Started by Hugh

0 May 21, 2008

brilliant documentary on More4 tonight at 11.05pm

A friend of mine made this documentary - it is a fascinating and an emotional picture of his life, using old answer phone messages http://…

Started by Adam

0 May 20, 2008

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service