Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Local News and Stories from HoL (1,005)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Where were all the wasps this year?

Think about it. Who has not been been chased screeching around a picnic as a child, followed by determined wasps after your jam sarnie? In…

Started by Liz

1 Oct 19, 2017

Harringay filmmaker killed in Syria by IS

A friend shared this on FB this morning. She met him at the Stoke Newington Festival and said he lived in Harringay. Around 300 of Mr Aksoy…

Started by Liz

5 Sep 29, 2017
Reply by Kamila

An Open Letter to Claire Kober About Harringay's Dislocated War Memorial

Dear Claire, With the sale of Hornsey Town Hall now agreed, as I understand it, Harringay's war memorial which has been kept there since…

Started by Hugh

9 Sep 24, 2017
Reply by Hugh

Damaged windows William Hill

Does anyone one know happened to their windows a few weeks ago (this is the WH on Green Lanes between Cavendish and Duckett)? It looks like…

Started by Alison P

1 Sep 22, 2017
Reply by michaelw

Community Group Publish Radical New Plan for St Ann's Hospital Site

The community-led St Ann's Redevelopment Trust have just published their radical blueprint for up to 800 new affordable homes on the site…

Started by Hugh

4 Sep 15, 2017
Reply by tania

Summary of Harringay Traffic Study Survey

Attached is the consultants' summary of the feedback given in the recent engagement process on traffic in Harringay. I've split the report…

Started by Hugh

35 Sep 12, 2017
Reply by Rich

Did you Hear about the Dramatic Increase in Speeding Fines this April?

Somehow this one passed me by. In case I'm not teh only one I thought I'd share. Currently the minimum penalty you can expect to receive fo…

Started by Hugh

21 Sep 9, 2017
Reply by NickM

Evening Standard Photo Call for Planning Objectors

Within the context of a story on the 'restaurantisation' of London's high streets, the Evening Standard has picked up on the story of the p…

Started by HoL Site Admin

69 Sep 8, 2017
Reply by John McMullan

Shine Community Cafe on Turnpike Lane Makes the Cut in Sadiq's Crowdfunding Campaign

City Hall will host an event next week to promote 'Crowdfund London', the Mayor’s new scheme to help Londoners change their local area f…

Started by HoL Site Admin

3 Sep 6, 2017
Reply by Philippa JM

BBC London Covers the 'Restaurantisation' of Harringay

In case you missed it buried in another post, the BBC this morning covered the case of new illegally established triple restaurant on Harri…

Started by Hugh

0 Sep 1, 2017

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service