Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Local News and Stories from HoL (1,005)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

New Report Ranks Haringey as Second Worst for Fly-Tipping

A new report reveals that levels of fly-tipping within London are at all time high – total incidents increased by 14 per cent in 2016/17…

Started by HoL Site Admin

20 Nov 22, 2018
Reply by kotkas

Live Nation Submit Last Minute Challenge to Finsbury Park Licence Review

Following the imposition of a number of tightened restrictions in a recent licence review, music promoter Live Nation has submitted an a…

3 Nov 20, 2018
Reply by Antoinette

The winter flowering cherry of Seymour Road

I've always been a little puzzled by one tree in Seymour Road that seemed to come into blossom in the middle of winter. Was this a sign of…

Started by Liz

2 Nov 16, 2018
Reply by Lucy Dunn

Successful bid for funding by Haringey Council to tackle rough sleeping in the borough

News from the Ladder Community Safety Partnership that LBH has successfully bid for almost £800,000 of additional funding from central gove…

Started by Liz

0 Nov 15, 2018

New Haringey Administration to Reverse Plans to Demolish Flats above Shopping City

Page High and Sky City Social Housing developments above Wood Green Shopping City were slated for demolition under the Wood Green Area Ac…

22 Nov 10, 2018
Reply by Don

Vote for the Bruce Castle Ancient Oak Tree as Tree of the Year

Some of you may have heard on BBC Breakfast News on Monday morning this week that the Bruce Castle Ancient Oak Tree is up for an award as…

Started by Liz

2 Oct 19, 2018
Reply by Liz

In praise of the untidy front garden...

Just to be clear, by "untidy front garden" I don't mean the "concreted over 10 bins crammed into a space the size of a postage stamp" front…

Started by Liz

6 Oct 13, 2018
Reply by Pamela Harling

Free Trees for your Garden from the Woodland Trust

The Queen’s Commonwealth Canopy, the Woodland Trust and Sainsbury’s are giving away 24,000 free trees by ballot to Londoners. The trees w…

2 Oct 12, 2018
Reply by Mavic Starfish

A painting of Alexandra Park in Spring, once exhibited in Buckingham Palace, is now hanging in Green Lanes

Currently on display in SNUG cafe on Green Lanes (between Seymour and Hewitt Road) is a large art work by Christopher Green depicting Sprin…

Started by Liz

0 Oct 11, 2018

After the Walk for Wildlife, how to take the next step

I said I'd go on a walk to save the swifts back in June so wild horses wouldn't have kept me away from Hyde Park last Saturday. The day daw…

Started by Liz

3 Oct 4, 2018
Reply by Liz

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service