Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Local News and Stories from HoL (1,005)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Haringey's Top 10 Things to Do: what else would be on your list?

Browsing the Haringey Council website (as you do), I noticed a listing of the Top 10 things to do in Haringey. While I wouldn't necessarily…

Started by Liz

20 Feb 19, 2019
Reply by Anka

Haringey Council Sign-off Brings North London Waste Plan Closer

The Pinkham Way Site (Google Maps - click image to launch map) A cross-borough plan to manage north London’s waste took a step forward on…

Started by HoL Site Admin

0 Feb 4, 2019

Trainspotter's View of the New Thameslink Trains

Govia Thameslink Trains has concluded a financing deal which will allow it to replace the current 1976-vintage trains that run on servic…

Started by Hugh

4 Feb 1, 2019
Reply by Arkady

Green Flag judge expresses concern at "serious failings" on their return visit to Finsbury Park

Return visits to both Finsbury and Downhills Park were made on the 21st December 2018. Although the judge acknowledges the progress made at…

Started by Liz

22 Jan 29, 2019
Reply by Robert Pike

Nature notes: Fantastic fungi in January at Railway Fields

Keep your eyes open if you go walking in Railway Fields this month and see if you can spot the fabulous fungi growing on the site from tiny…

Started by Liz

6 Jan 26, 2019
Reply by Liz

Two more parks in Haringey lose their Green Flag status: Chestnuts and Paignton

In a third round of "mystery shopping" by Keep Britain Tidy, two more parks have been red flagged. This brings the total to nine out of twe…

Started by Liz

9 Jan 25, 2019
Reply by Robert Pike

Sunrise over Woodberry Down (photo)

The best thing about these cold January mornings are the sunrises

Started by Liz

0 Jan 24, 2019

Goatman of Parkland Walk Urban Myth Traced to Harringay

Dick Harris in the garden of his Harringay Ladder house in 1980   Those of you connected on Twitter locally may well have picked up on talk…

Started by Hugh

16 Jan 19, 2019
Reply by Hugh

Is Encouraging Car use the Best Way for Haringey Council to Support Small Business Saturday?

Photo: Hugh Flouch I'm all for our council supporting Small Business Saturday, but I'm utterly unconvinced the provision free parking for…

Started by Hugh

28 Jan 8, 2019
Reply by Michael Anderson

Memorial to Nilgun Canver Unveiled

As part of their annual carol service last week, the Gardens Residents Association unveiled a plaque in remembrance of Nilgun Canver. A M…

Started by Hugh

2 Jan 7, 2019

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service