Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Local News and Stories from HoL (1,005)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Poorly Signposted Road Closure on Wightman Causing Chaos on Ladder

Wightman Road was closed today around midday for works to repair a gas main. Very inadequate signposting of the road closure, along with…

Started by Hugh

18 Jul 25, 2020
Reply by AndrewAW1

Nature notes: Moths! Ants! Bees! Wet Wipes!

I've been enjoying some beautiful pictures from around the local area while sitting in my garden watching fledglings learn to negotiate the…

Started by Liz

2 Jul 22, 2020
Reply by Liz

Book of Remembrance opened for those lost during the COVID-19 pandemic

This week, a virtual book of remembrance has been launched in Haringey. Family, friends and carers now have a special designated place to p…

Started by Liz

0 Jul 21, 2020

Haringey named as London Borough with Slowest Rate of Covid Spread

As much as I have a love-hate relationship with spurious statistics, it was good to read that Haringey tops the list for a good reason - at…

Started by HoL Site Admin

15 Jul 20, 2020
Reply by Gina O

Nature notes: Queen's Wood Oaks in peril! Flying Ants! Swifts are weird! Save the Insects!

In this week's Nature notes, more local trees need your help, community gardeners required in Wood Green and find out why swifts are wonder…

Started by Liz

9 Jul 19, 2020
Reply by maggie

TfL likley to Take over Services to Harringay and Hornsey by 2022

A minister in the Department for Transport has given the go-ahead for Transport for London to continue developing proposals for the transfe…

17 Jul 16, 2020
Reply by James R Grinter

The Return of Nature Notes: cannibal rats! giant robins! trees in peril!

After a bit of a break from Nature Bothering, Nature Notes is back. I've rounded up some local Nature News (sorry still nothing about Railw…

Started by Liz

2 Jul 13, 2020
Reply by Liz

Khan Considers Move out of City Hall

London’s government could move from City Hall as part of an effort to fill a £500 million black hole in the capital’s finances. Mayor Sadi…

3 Jul 2, 2020
Reply by John D

A Kinder Gentler Management of Land alongside our Railways

Many of you will be familiar with the established practice adopted by Network Rail to the management of its lineside trees. Almost a deca…

6 Jun 26, 2020
Reply by Alan Stanton

Haringey Enforcement on Channel 5 Last Night

Tonight a new Channel 5 documentary starts at 8:15pm called ‘Filthy Britain SOS’. The series follows around Council Staff tackling flytippi…

Started by Hugh

3 Jun 3, 2020
Reply by Bob Ruggles

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service