Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Ideas for Better City Living (230)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

When Paris Closed a Major Road to Cars Half Its Traffic Just Disappeared

Good morning HoLlers! This pinged into my inbox; thought I'd share. Interesting 2mins read... https://www.fastcoexist.com/3064157/when-par

Started by Sandi

6 Oct 7, 2016
Reply by Christopher Fowler

RIBA Stirling Prize: Trafalgar Place

This is lovely. Can we expect the same thoughtful development for affordable housing in Harringay? The first phase of homes in a £1.5bn re…

Started by Sandi

0 Oct 6, 2016

"Nobody goes to a city because it has great parking"

An interesting article on how cities are doing parking space audits and coming up with some interesting and radical solutions. If Paris can…

Started by Liz

0 Sep 29, 2016

Are cities built for white, middle-aged, able-bodied men?

Food for thought here

Started by Liz

13 Aug 10, 2016
Reply by John D

Transforming alleys into community and sustainability hotspots

Just sharing an inspiring article from the US about how cities are re-thinking the spaces between the houses and turning them into "green"…

Started by Liz

1 Jul 21, 2016
Reply by Emma S

Blame it on the River Lea

Adele's River Lea, by Lisa Ella https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BrqtWW8QhTA I chose this link as young artists everywhere deserve attention,…

Started by matthew cuthbert

0 Jun 27, 2016

Fragments of Utopia all around us

There's very little I can add to this quote by the writer of Imaginary Cities, Darran Anderson except to echo its sentiments and cherish an…

Started by Liz

6 Jun 23, 2016
Reply by Liz

Harringay Bitter could come a step closer

Next Schnapps from our lovely pear trees. If your tired of boutique beers from Tottenham, Camden and Hackney, or anywhere else that isn't…

Started by matthew cuthbert

1 Jun 8, 2016
Reply by Julie

Broadband Internet is a firehose of crap into your house, facilitated by your ISP's router

ISPs are giving us quite flash internet/wifi routers for free. Well they seem free in that after a couple of years they don't want them bac…

Started by John McMullan

9 May 6, 2016
Reply by Chris Setz

NEWS FLASH - Night tube back on track

The BBC reports that the RMT union is to recommend acceptance of pay & conditions for the night Tube service ... finally! It will be fo…

Started by matt

4 Mar 7, 2016
Reply by matt

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service