Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Ideas for Better City Living (230)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Make your local area a better place to live and win up to £3,000

From DotGovLabs (a government body): Do you have an idea on how to improve your neighbourhood or your local services? Do you want to win th…

Started by Hugh

1 Sep 28, 2011
Reply by John D

Privately owned public space

In 1961 a New York  Zoning Resolution encouraged private developers to provide spaces for the public. The resulting spaces are now listed o…

Started by Hugh

9 Jul 18, 2011
Reply by Hugh

Cities Soak up More Carbon Than We Thought (and why we need more trees in cities)

An interesting email from the Daily Good in my inbox: The climate change news beat is usually void of any uplifting stories, but a recent s…

Started by Liz

0 Jul 13, 2011

My Living Streets want to help get you walking this summer

Living Streets would love to help you get out and about walking this summer. Sign up to My Living Streets to log your miles and minutes wal…

Started by Liz

0 Jul 6, 2011

* From the grapevine - Hackney's new wine refill scheme - Could this happen On Green Lanes

Something for the HOL viewers - Will it be Corona bottles back again soon I used to subsidise my Chocolate Habit on Corona Bottles refunds…

Started by Andy Newman

3 Jul 1, 2011
Reply by Hugh

Free solar panels & free electricty

In a recent post I questioned whether an email I received about free solar panels and associated free electricity was a scam. This mornin…

Started by Hugh

18 Jun 25, 2011
Reply by paddyk

Wiki Neighbourhood - who owns the right to improve your 'hood?

Photo courtesy of diegoehg_ via flickr When governments don’t build infrastructure, citizens usually complain, but can’t do much about it…

Started by Hugh

11 Jun 14, 2011
Reply by Liz

Legible London - will wayfinding = more walking?

Picture courtesy of Martin Deutsch via Flickr   Legible London pedestrian signs are being installed in parts of central London by Transport…

Started by Hugh

0 Jun 14, 2011

New study shows damaging effect of London garden loss

A new study by the London Wildlife Trust has shown that London's gardens are becoming less green. The Trust took aerial photos of 1,292…

Started by Hugh

3 Jun 11, 2011
Reply by Alan Stanton

Find a Fountain

Drinking fountains mapped across London.  Wot but none in our hood!   In their own words:   About Find-a-Fountain Water, water everywher…

Started by Hugh

2 Jun 8, 2011
Reply by Inkjetpack

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service