Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Community News, Issues, Chat & Information (8,576)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The challenges and benefits of creating a Neighbourhood Forum - a discussion 9th July

The Localism Act of 2011 gave neighbourhoods the power to set up Neighbourhood Forums, which are community groups designated to take forwar…

Started by Liz

19 Jul 11, 2014
Reply by TBD

Dogs, frogs, and playground hogs

I admit it sounds like an entry into the most bizarre forum discussion title competition, but this is actually quite a serious post. The re…

Started by HarringayBirder

4 Jul 11, 2014
Reply by TBD

New Musical about T.S. Eliot's Wife who Ended her Days in Harringay

Vivienne Haigh-Wood married T.S. Eliot in June 1915. In 1938 she was committed to Northumberland House, a private asylum which used to st…

Started by Hugh

0 Jul 10, 2014

What is Gentrification & is it happening in Tottenham, if so why?

Discuss.....  (Takes Cover)

Started by Seema Chandwani

46 Jul 8, 2014
Reply by Jonny

Congratulations and Jubilations to Ann for completing 30 years in service at the optical shop!

Dearest Ann,Congratulations and Jubilations for completing 30 years in service at the opticians. You initially got this job at 17 because y…

Started by Parita Shah

3 Jul 8, 2014
Reply by Anna Maria Dipino

Green Lake? Wassat then?

Anyone know why the lake in Finsbury Park has turned greenish?

Started by Hugh

2 Jul 7, 2014
Reply by Justin Guest

Need some advice? Try Haringey Advice

Good Advice Haringey is a new online directory of local advice providers. Find advice on many issues including benefits, debt, employment,…

Started by Liz

1 Jul 7, 2014

Wireless Festival

Living as I do just adjacent to the festival site, although I can't see (for the trees) what is going on over there, I can certainly hear i…

Started by Madeline

46 Jul 6, 2014
Reply by Madeline

Wireless Festival Parking Restrictions Eased

The following from Haringey Council: The temporary additional parking restrictions for the Wireless Festival will be limited to Friday and…

Started by Hugh

5 Jul 6, 2014
Reply by Clive Carter

Where are the Cabbage Whites?

Not an obscure racial reference.....but normally the back gardens of our area are home to a fair number of what was the ubiquitous cabbage…

Started by Philip

8 Jul 6, 2014
Reply by Dick Harris

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service