Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Ken Stevens's Discussions (157)

Discussions Replied To (83) Replies Latest Activity

"When I was looking up some old images for my brother's home area (The Dengie, Essex,…"

Ken Stevens replied Dec 21, 2021 to Alfred Braddock – a commercial photographic surveyor and recorder of Victorian Hornsey

61 Jun 10, 2022
Reply by Hugh

"Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?! Had to look up how that was retrieved from s…"

Ken Stevens replied Oct 26, 2021 to How Hornsey dealt with the 'idle poor' two hundred years ago

9 Oct 28, 2021
Reply by Dick Harris

"Ah, never spotted that!  Very enlightening."

Ken Stevens replied Oct 26, 2021 to How Hornsey dealt with the 'idle poor' two hundred years ago

9 Oct 28, 2021
Reply by Dick Harris

"I was aware of the National School along Priory Road but hadn't realised there had b…"

9 Oct 28, 2021
Reply by Dick Harris

"An interesting corner of Hornsey, ta!"

Ken Stevens replied Sep 24, 2021 to Hornsey and Wood Green Synagogue in pictures

3 May 25, 2023
Reply by Hugh

"Who could imagine that a patch of grass had so much history attached to it, Hugh! Ve…"

Ken Stevens replied Sep 14, 2021 to A whiff of scandal, the chink of coin, a dose of mismanagement and the Grand Old Man of Cricket: Harringay Cricket Field in the Golden Age of Cricket

14 Sep 18, 2021
Reply by Geoffrey Walker

"Wondrous, Hugh! Just looking at the present parades is quite historical in itself bu…"

Ken Stevens replied Aug 27, 2021 to Old Crouch Hall, Linslade House and Colquon (Holne House)

18 Sep 23, 2021
Reply by Hugh

"My personal perception of "Hornsey", as a lad, was broadly delineated by the Hogs Ba…"

Ken Stevens replied Aug 22, 2021 to Decoding a Watercolour of Eighteenth Century Crouch End Broadway

14 Sep 30, 2021
Reply by Agabus

"Interesting narrative and deduction, Hugh.  Brings history to life! Ancient folk lik…"

Ken Stevens replied Aug 22, 2021 to Decoding a Watercolour of Eighteenth Century Crouch End Broadway

14 Sep 30, 2021
Reply by Agabus

"Wonderful, interesting narrative, thank you!"

Ken Stevens replied Jul 9, 2021 to The Gentleman Highwayman of Hornsey Road

10 Jun 10, 2022
Reply by Ken Stevens

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service