Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Richard Woods's Discussions (428)

Discussions Replied To (88) Replies Latest Activity

"I love the idea too that, given the fish ponds, the area has been living off the wat…"

Richard Woods replied Mar 7, 2020 to A River Through it - Development of the New River and Water Works in Hornsey

39 Mar 27
Reply by Hugh

"Fantastic work Hugh. Absolutely loved reading it and thought how we could have done…"

Richard Woods replied Mar 6, 2020 to A River Through it - Development of the New River and Water Works in Hornsey

39 Mar 27
Reply by Hugh

"They were special. To be honest not always for good reason but well remembered now.…"

Richard Woods replied Mar 5, 2020 to Alexandra Park Open Air Swimming Bath

23 Jul 24, 2021
Reply by Hugh

"Hi - I was at the HJ from 1959 (very late) to about April 1964. I seem to recal that…"

23 Jul 24, 2021
Reply by Hugh

"We called it Durnsford Road Pool but it was a lido really, as Lydia says. We lived q…"

23 Jul 24, 2021
Reply by Hugh

"Durnsford was well known as one of the places Olympic divers could use for practice.…"

Richard Woods replied Mar 2, 2020 to Alexandra Park Open Air Swimming Bath

23 Jul 24, 2021
Reply by Hugh

"Brilliant piece of work. Fascinating that Ally Pally was at one time in Tottenham Bo…"

Richard Woods replied Feb 21, 2020 to Alexandra Park Open Air Swimming Bath

23 Jul 24, 2021
Reply by Hugh

"I am at the last chilled by the idea of the smithy installing petrol pumps...."

Richard Woods replied Jan 23, 2020 to Under a Spreading Chestnut-tree the Village Smithy Stands

10 Jul 4, 2020
Reply by Hugh

"It seems to me I have been haunted all my life by organs made by these people! If on…"

Richard Woods replied May 3, 2019 to Hornsey's Organ Maker By Appointment to the Queen

8 May 4, 2019
Reply by Straw Cat

"Cathles Hill - was he related in any way to the George Cathles who was leader of the…"

Richard Woods replied Mar 30, 2019 to John Cathles Hill & the Harringay Bohemians

4 Apr 2, 2019
Reply by Hugh

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service