Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Old-Age-Emporium(OAE)'s Discussions (3,116)

Discussions Replied To (32) Replies Latest Activity

"In COPPERPLATE GOTHIC BOLD, naturally. Of the seven Green Plaques so far awarded: 4…"

Old-Age-Emporium(OAE) replied Jun 30, 2010 to Inventor of Times Roman font a Fairfax Road Boy

16 Feb 3, 2023
Reply by Hugh

"wonder who won? I wonder if they had floodlights? I'd just finished my first six mo…"

Old-Age-Emporium(OAE) replied May 1, 2010 to 1978: May Day Anarchist picnic in Finsbury Park

2 May 1, 2010
Reply by Liz

"If only Jane Austen had moved from Chawton to these parts in 1809 we might still be…"

Old-Age-Emporium(OAE) replied Mar 1, 2010 to Tiny bit of Edward Gray trivia

1 Mar 1, 2010
Reply by Old-Age-Emporium(OAE)

"Thanks Liz for this. Now that Ramadan's here, will your next Sunday walk be on Frida…"

Old-Age-Emporium(OAE) replied Aug 23, 2009 to Catholic Harringay

9 Aug 24, 2009
Reply by Peter

"Thanks, Gen, that's it: St Thomas More. Indeed my only visit there was for my former…"

Old-Age-Emporium(OAE) replied Aug 21, 2009 to "The Bible knows nothing of solitary religion": A short history of protestant non-conformity in Harringay

10 Aug 21, 2009

"Back to where they went pre-1964: St John Vianney's on West green Road. Some (includ…"

Old-Age-Emporium(OAE) replied Aug 17, 2009 to "The Bible knows nothing of solitary religion": A short history of protestant non-conformity in Harringay

10 Aug 21, 2009

"Liz, sorry if my little 'nonconformist Catholic' squib above was a bit out of place.…"

Old-Age-Emporium(OAE) replied Aug 17, 2009 to "The Bible knows nothing of solitary religion": A short history of protestant non-conformity in Harringay

10 Aug 21, 2009

"Well, that 14 word sentence shore puts 45 years of Mattisonian Catholic worship in p…"

10 Aug 21, 2009

"Does that mean us oldies are immune to all its more current mutations?"

Old-Age-Emporium(OAE) replied Jul 27, 2009 to Government Declares Harringay an Area Infected with Swine Fever

2 Jul 27, 2009
Reply by Hugh

"And what and whence comes Cuckholds Haven, near Finchley Hall?"

Old-Age-Emporium(OAE) replied Jul 25, 2009 to Mapping late 19th Century Harringay Roads & Trackways on to Google Maps

15 Aug 2, 2009
Reply by Hugh

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service