Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Saw signs on the temporary bridge this morning saying that it was going to be closed from tomorrow (Fri 19th) until the bridge works have ended.

Didn't have a chance to find out more. Gonna make my commute (by bike) a pain, as well as getting to the park.

Tags for Forum Posts: wightman bridge closure

Views: 1657

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They used to do that all the time without closing Wightman Rd. It only ever caused COMPLETE CHAOS!

BTW, I've seen some results from the pollution monitoring that show nitrous oxide levels all across the ladder, including Green Lanes, down 30%.

Nitrous oxide? That's laughing gas

Think you mean nitrogen dioxide....although the PM levels are arguably more important in terms of public health

Yes I did. Thanks, Chemistry was my worst subject at school. I don't know the PM levels yet but the NO2 comes from diesel which is a very dirty fuel so perhaps we can say that they will be down too. The interesting thing is that it includes Green Lanes.

Prevailing wind is from SW so most ladder roads and Green Lanes will suffer somewhat from Wightman Road pollution.

It really is great news if the study is for the period April-May. If the study includes July or August is as good as these studies that are quoted on the tabloids "80% of a sample of 5 people that I gave a free sample to agree with me".

these past few weeks there is not even traffic in Green Lanes. I only wish it were like this all the time.

A bit annoying, I cycled down there this morning only to find it closed.  Was there any notification about this, as last time I'm pretty sure a letter was sent out to say that it would be closed?

No official notification, but it was posted on HoL.

Ah I completely missed that :)

That was thanks to a HoL member rather than to the Council though. 

Love how the closure for a few weeks will be a pain - some of us have had to live with painful journeys to work and school for the last 6 months because of this closure of Wightman. Not to mention having to live and walk in pollution filled roads along Green Lanes because of the nightmare traffic - long overdue that others should share the pain.

Don't be like that. Even if the lack of sympathy for car drivers in this forum is quite obvious and nobody looks at the inconveniences that the bridge closure causes to many of us. 

Abandoning private car use or reducing it to a minimum should be an aspiration for all of us. 

I, too, drive. Every day, out of town. I have no realistic public transport option. However, I cannot wish any ill on cyclists or pedestrians that are enjoying, even if they sometimes are behaving really childlishly

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service