Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Having just walked out of Iceland as soon as I walked in, I wonder who thought it was a good idea to let members of the dangerous and sinister religious cult that is Unified Church of the Kingdom of God (UCKG) do a bag pack there?

If anyone does not not about this nasty mysogonistic and homophobic money making scam masquerading as 'relgion' then see here http://www.haringey.org.uk/content/religion and there are plenty of examples out there as well.

This manager is not currently available, so i shall be emailing Iceland HQ instead, but in the meantime if you are shopping in there, don't give money to them.

Tags for Forum Posts: iceland, ukcg

Views: 4417

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ooh look in the Situations Vacant section of the Haringey Advertiser: Wanted one manager for local Iceland store, must obey company rules!
Three young women from this group were endlessly singing Merry Christmas at the tops of their voices and shaking buckets outside the Poundland at the Arena yesterday. Surely must have driven the staff inside mad. I wonder if they were even permitted to be there collecting let alone annoying shoppers and staff.

Reading the street collections regulations on the MPS website, they're onerous and limiting. If the forecourt in front of the shops doesn't count as a street then, just as in the Iceland case, UCKG have snuck under the radar. As they do.

Might be worth checking with the council if they have a street collections permit. 

I think it's the Met Police who give permission
http://content.met.police.uk/Article/Street-collection-programme-Ap...
As I understand it, there was a dodge which they are fully exploiting.

If you were singing carols then you didn't need a permit to collect. However, it looks like the rules may have changed (See this other article on the Met Police website http://content.met.police.uk/Article/Christmas-collections/14000127...)

If that's the case then it might be worth a complaint after all. They are indeed a dodgy bunch, and I'm sure many are tricked into contributing because "it's for charity" (not realising that this particular one literally follows the maxim Charity begins at home!)

Also worth checking with the owners of the Arena - if anyone knows who they are? 

Fanx! On it! 

Protesting does not help with people with mental illness (in this case delusional behaviour). 

Get yourself a copy of 'A Manual for Creating Atheists' by Peter Boghossian and learn how to talk them out of their ideas. 

Also check out YouTube for Street Epistemology videos and learn the methodology. 

Much more effective. 

I'm going to get that!

I was stopped by two young girls on Wood Green High Road the other day who asked me to do a survey.  They said "do you think you're a good person?" I had just come from volunteering (at parkrun) and was on my way to do more (sorting out an older lady's greenhouse) so I said "yes, I try to be".  

"have you ever told a lie?" Probably.

"What would you call someone who told a lie?" I would say they had been dishonest.

"But what name would you call them?"

I said I wouldn't call them a name as I don't believe in calling people names, it's hurtful to brand a whole person on the basis of a single behaviour.

I wish I had asked them if they were doing a survey, why weren't they writing my answers down. And what did they plan to do with the survey results?  They tried to give me a leaflet but I refused.

I hate that young people have been duped into thinking and behaving that way... I said I prefer to focus on people and what I can do here and now to help.  I don't think I convinced them.

There is also a handy phone app called Atheos that goes with the book too. Costs a bit, but its very good.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service