Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Really sad to read that Turul, the Hungarian restaurant that opened by Turnpike Lane station, has closed its doors for good. According to a notice posted on its website – not sure when it was posted though – they've been forced to shut up shop after being robbed three times in two weeks and losing all their wine stock as a result. What a sad indictment of the area and not exactly an incentive for similar businesses to open up in its place. Hopefully it won't go too far for its planned reopening.

https://www.turulproject.com/

Views: 1707

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jeeze, what a great advertisement for the area. I hope the crims get done.

I was really hoping this was going to do well as it's a rare restaurant offering alternative European food to the usual Turkish/takeaway stuff that's around, but I guess that's why they were targeted.

If you weren't aware there's a new Georgian restaurant at the top of Langham Rd.

Hence I note rare, not unique - also note that Georgia is in the Caucasus and not Europe.

On the point of whether Georgia is in Europe, it is worth pointing out that although Georgia is not a member state of the EU, nor yet a candidate member, has been a member of the Council of Europe since 1999. This would normally be accepted as proving Georgia's eligibility for EU membership. In any event, it is more significant than its membership of UEFA in 1992!

No, Georgia is not European despite being the oldest officially Christian country. There are elements of European culture but it, like it's Caucasian neighbours, inhabits that crossroads world between Europe and Asia. They are distinct; not European, not Asian. Its worth noting that Turkey lays between Europe and Georgia and it is most definitely not European.

Georgia is in Eurovision! What higher arbiter could there be?

So is Israel. :-)

So sad about Turul, they were lovely and I hoped it would do well.

on another note, I am currently crowdfunding to open a local restaurant, an evolution of the Supperclub I have been running for the past two years. If you’d like more choice in the area please take a look and share with anyone who might be interested. Www.crowdfunder.co.uk/pasero 

Thanks in advance!

Awesome! Good luck we will definitely make a contribution!

I suspect that wasn't the only reason. It was also very empty in there, I suspect opening when they did was just the wrong time.

Indeed, I never saw it looking remotely busy. The location seems surprisingly poor despite proximity to the tube, as the prior cafe didn't ever look troubled by capacity.

Dinner there was fantastic, and it's really sad as they are an excellent team and put in so much effort. Unforntunately, I'm sure the robberies didn't help, but I don't think the area is ready to support fine dining and their price point yet. 

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service