Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

It's not only France that will be deciding who takes the big decisions for the foreseeable future.

We have our own local elections shortly.

So, if you want a Council that cannot tell the difference between fly-tipping and putting out a bin bag 40 mins before the allotted time - vote Labour in the local Council elections on 5 May.

Story in the Ham & High

Crouch End woman fined £400 for putting bins out 40 minutes early

Views: 1514

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I might largely share your jaundiced view of Haringey Labour, but if we are going to be political here please can we all agree to present a more detailed / comprehensive case rather than single-issue outrage combined with hyperbole.

Sadly this is not a single issue, Shariq.

(And the hyperbole is where? I see no example of this. It is just an account of the Council's policy.)

https://www.hamhigh.co.uk/news/crouch-end-choir-covers-haringey-cou...

“Fly tippers are not people like me”. How very Crouch End

I mean it's very easy to just pick on something stupid done by Labour (or the Tories or the Lib Dems) and say, 'Look how useless they are'. And just as easy for die hard supporters to dismiss. 

By hyperbole I mean comparing bin fines to a presidential election building up to potentially a big change in the direction of an entire nation.

Local government is important and all, but it's not really comparable.

Are there no bigger issues Labour can be held accountable for? I can think of several, but this is your thread, so I'll leave it to you :) 

Please see below - a number added.

This is a 'rubbish' policy of course. But the absence of any decent alternative to Labour is dispiriting. The Tories are just dreadful, the Libdems much the same, and the assassination of Jeremy Corbyn has meant Labour are back in the bad old days. Now we can vote Green as a protest vote but they really aren't that great...

Corbyn was the 'bad old days'.

But also maybe if you've got an alloted time to put your rubbish out you should stick to it...

And if you have to head off to work?

People in timed collection areas get their rubbish picked up twice A DAY.  If you can’t fit around that….

https://www.haringey.gov.uk/sites/haringeygovuk/files/timed_collect...

Whatever, Michael, this is an obscenely disproportionate response to a minor infringement. The sensible and humane approach would have been at the very least to send a letter of warning: Haringey Council invoked the max from the get-go. 

You’d be happy for them to do this in any instance of fly tipping then?  This person could have put their rubbish out later in the day or the next day. They obviously couldn’t be bothered.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service