Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

The Boundaries commission propose to abolish Hornsey and Wood Green constituency. It is to be merged with Friern Barnet. East of Green Lanes, Tottenham may merge with bits of Hackney

The report says the Labour Party have made representations eg about West Green, and agreed with the LibDems:

The Labour Party proposed swapping West Green and Harringay wards in their counter-proposal, and a similar approach was taken by the Liberal Democrats, who retained West Green ward in their Tottenham constituency and included Harringay ward in their Hornsey and Highgate constituency.

Older denizens and history buffs may recall the shotgun wedding of Hornsey with Wood Green Borough with Tottenham in the 60's - at that time, very different areas. Hornsey was largely residential; to the east, world-famous manufacturing companies were located in WG and Tottenham and along the Lea valley (see the historical sections of this site) - so it was very controversial. So there is an historical argument for this ...

Tags for Forum Posts: boundary commission, boundary review, parliamentary constituency boundary rewview

Views: 1908

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Could this be a chance to finally get rid of David Lammy who was recently featured here?

That seems like a guy with "interesting" views.

Yes, indeed. Lammy is nuts.

Gee. I wonder why you don't like David Lammy. What could that be? Hmmm...

Because he's a very poor MP.

Ah, that History Debunked nutter!  Have a look through the list of his videos on YouTube. He really has a problem with anyone who isn’t white

He's previously been cited on HoL by one of 'the usual suspects'.

Simon Webb is far from a nutter. I suppose I am brownish and I think he is gold! What does he say that isn't true?

You won't get a reponse to that question Cem.

Simon Webb is a genuine national treasure and History Debunked has become a necessary public service broadcast. 

His video “What's so terrible about fascism” perhaps?

That was a very interesting one. It opened my eyes a bit. As someone says above "education is a wonderful thing". I find all his episodes informative. 

he says; what most of us think;

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service