Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

The full list of nominated candidates is now on the Haringey website.

http://voting.haringey.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/SOPN-St-An...

Tags for Forum Posts: St Ann's, by-election

Views: 1573

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They rhyme indeed, but do they all reason?

I think, as well as being Polish, the UKIP candidate is a council tenant. "These bloody foreigners coming over 'ere taking our homes and votes....". :)

I think that the UKIP candidate's mother is Polish (I googled them all), but what has being Polish got to do with anything? 

Actualy quite a lot. If UKIP were in office, his own mother wouldn't have been allowed into the UK, and he wouldn't even be here either. Bit like Donald Trump really, whose grandparents were immigrants, but he doesn't want immigrants....

Immigrants don't want immigrants. A lot of them would be quite happy to pull the ladder up after them. (I'm allowed to say that because I'm a child of immigrants, right?)

Having been out campaigning it has certainly been good fun. The ward may not seem like obvious Lib Dem territory but the response has certainly been warm so far!

Agreed. In 2014 the Lib Dem results in St Ann's reflected the limited amount of work done there. However, in 2010, a small amount of work was done and the Lib Dems got some very respectable results including Mark Alexander who at 1,201 votes was only 1,000 votes behind the winning candidates. With a lot of work the Lib Dems could make a big impact here. From the campaigning I have done locally residents are very fed up with being taken for granted by Labour and really appreciate the work of the Lib Dems locally (even though for now there are none elected in Tottenham).

You need to keep more up to date ;) More here.

If you like what you've seen with Zena so far you wont be disappointed with Noah Tucker - he's no yes man and will stand up for what is right.

Jewish News isn't such a fan. But they aren't a fan of Tottenham Labour: "His selection will raise further concern only weeks after Tottenham Labour scheduled a meeting on Shabbat to decide whether to nominate Corbyn or Owen Smith – and failed to listen to concerns of the local Orthodox community who would be unable to attend. The gathering was only moved after the London regional party stepped in to insist it was unacceptable for Orthodox party supporters to be disenfranchised."

Hi Karen,

Who is the LibDem candidate for St Anns as I am completely fed up with this utterly arrogant Labour council.

Our candidate is the excellent Josh Dixon - a young and enthusisatic campaigner who's committed to help the local party move forward and grow. In terms of local democracy we need to add more Libdem councillors to Haringey Council to join our council group. A strong, active opposition group is essential if we are to keep Haringey Labour to account. At the moment there is not one Libdem councillor in Tottenham (David Schmitz and I lost our seats in Harringay ward in 2014) - it doesn't make for healthy local politics. By voting for Josh in St Ann's you will be getting another Libdem who will work tirelessly for local people - it will be good for the council, it will be good for local democracy and it will be good for local residents in St Anns.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service