Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Sign against the Council taking money out from Harringay and Noel Park areas

Hi neighbours,

I've just come across a consultation from the council which I think we all should comment on.

Long-short, the council has collected some money from the developments happening in the Noel Park/Harringay area (Clarendon, the new building plans in the high street...), so WE have £1,251,384 which can be invested in road/footpath improvements, playgrounds, CCTV, lighting, new trees, or other infrastructure projects.

The council wants to change the current legislation to be able to spend this money in any other areas within the council instead of our community.

This is important for us if we want to see any improvement fight against fly tipping and other crimes with cameras and have a nicer high street and surrounds.

You can consult the map of the areas and full document here: https://www.haringey.gov.uk/planning-and-building-control/planning/...

Please give your opinion here before the 3rd March: ncil@haringey.gov.uk

Thanks

Elena

Tags for Forum Posts: cil, consultation

Views: 1103

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There are probably two things wrong with this speculation

1) my arithmetic

2) my wild guess at how the other 85% is to be spent.

I look forward to being corrected

Exactly. Figures prove that Tottenham Green and Seven Sisters have already extracted the money they need. So, Harringay what are we going to do?!

Sorry, no, it's not proof of anything except how much of the borough wide CIL could be spent in the areas which collect the least NCIL if that is what Haringey choose.

I have found no reference to how CIL is actually spent. The references to CIL on the Haringey website seem all to refer to governance and collection, not spending.

The deadline for responses to this consultation has been extended to 5pm on Monday 9 March 2020.

Yes!

Anyone who hasn't yet signed up and wants to ensure this doesn't go ahead, please do respond!

It will be of little surprise to most to read the following. The Appendix referred to is attached. The summary it gives is as follows. A narrow majority for Brexit can give a world-changeing vote. A significant majority in Haringey, however, means nothing.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Haringey Neighbourhood Community Infrastructure Levy

Thank you for responding to Haringey’s Neighbourhood Community Infrastructure Levy (NCIL) Redistribution Consultation. 

The consultation responses have been analysed and considered and as a result a decision has been made by the Council to amend the CIL Governance document and allocate NCIL through a fairer approach.

This decision also includes approving spend of NCIL collected to date on a range of projects across the borough. This follows from an initial NCIL spending consultation in late 2018 (‘Round 1’) where the community suggested a range of priorities and projects for NCIL spend.  

The report to inform this decision by the Leader of the Council is published here. The analysis of the consultation responses is provided in Appendix A.

Thank you for your input and best wishes,

Bryce

Bryce Tudball

Planning Policy Team Manager

Haringey Council

6th Floor, River Park House, Wood Green, London, N22 8HQ

020 8489 5965

bryce.tudball@haringey.gov.uk

Attachment: Appendix A (pdf file)

Yes saw this. Sadly, in the minutes they've already outlined the redistribution figures. See the following table 

I wonder why Highgate gets an average level whilst Crouch End’s is significantly reduced. Both have neighbourhood forums that allows them to keep the majority of their neighbourhood CIL anyway. Something needs explanation here. 

Coincidence, I think. The numbers for the 4 options in CE and Highgate do not change reflecting the forum status. The Highgate number just happens to look like the average. Crouch End's will go up if ever the Town Hall gets finished.

More in need of explanation (or excuse) is the sophistry deployed to come to this conclusion. A major factor in the argument was the low level of CIL collected in Areas 5 and 6 which was the result of a deliberate policy decision by Haringey in order not to discourage development there.

Areas 5 and 7 should really be rolling in it considering the amount of development there.  Makes you wonder  about the strength of the negotiating team.  And the second highest allocation goes to Fortis Green, Muswell Hill and Alexandra wards?  I’m mean - come on!

Seems to confirm the community's complete & utter lack of faith in any of Haringey Council's "faux" consultations.

‘To engage with local communities and empower them to shape policies, strategies and services that affect their lives'.

Email: haveyoursay@haringey.gov.uk

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service