Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Reopening of Wightman Rd on Monday and additional CCTV camera near junction of Alroy Rd

Hi Everyone

Wightman Road will re-open at 5am on Monday, September 5th, following completion of the bridge works.

Following the re-opening, an additional CCTV camera will be installed near the junction with Alroy Road that should improve monitoring and enforcement to further discourage inappropriate use of the route by HGV’s. Signage along the road will also be increased.

Cllr Peray Ahmet has said that she remains committed to ensuring that Wightman Road it is as clean and safe as possible and will continue to work with the local community on the Green Lanes Traffic review, which includes looking at any concerns around traffic flow in the area.

Tags for Forum Posts: traffic, wightman bridge closure

Views: 1629

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It has been nice not being woken up in the night / early mornings by cars and HGVs hammering down our ladder road.

I'm absolutely ecstatic on the opening of Wightman road ,I know that I am going to get aloof negativity from this but so one has to say it.
I've lived in the area for over 30 yrs and the last few months since the closure have made my traveling to shop on green road pure hell.
I do feel for the residents of Wightman road ,but would like to point out that they must of known that the road was a busy one when they moved in there .

Paul, on Wightman Road we say "must have known".  If you cast your mind back over 30 years, you may recall that Wightman Road in the 1980-86 era was nothing like 2010-2016 for heavy traffic, rat run drivers and the pollution they cause us.

Please, no more signs

Nobody takes any notice of them. but we residents have to live with the visual pollution.

Curious, this. Signs for what - 7.5 tonne max weight? 20 mph limit?

When the blanket 20mph limit was activated I emailed council officials: would there be repeater signs on Wightman Road to match the proliferation everywhere else. I was told no, the Wightman Road 20 mph zone with signs either end and humps between satisfied the regulations. Now perhaps they don't, it seems.  

If the existing 7.5 tonne limit signs have a camera symbol added to them I'd welcome that as a visible and pretty effective deterrent. 

Looks like cars are already using Wightman Rd. The concrete blocks have been moved at Hampden Rd to allow access. 

Wightman is still a no through road. Neither the bridgeworks nor the National grid resurfacing is complete, I think they have run out of tarmac. In fact I think the concrete blocks may have only been put aside to make tarmac deliveries easier plus allow access for the big resurfacing machines.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service