Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Just thought I would let everyone know about a public meeting to discuss the Whittington Hospital proposals.

Lynne Featherstone MP had today announced a public meeting to discuss the future of the Whittington Hospital.

The meeting will take place on Friday the 1st March, 6pm – 9pm, at Grieg City Academy assembly hall – entrance via Hillfield Avenue.

The MP for Hornsey and Wood Green has arranged the event in her constituency, so local residents have a chance to meet the Whittington Board Members, ask questions and raise their concerns about the Hospital’s reorganisation plans.

From 6pm – 7:30pm, attendees will be able to meet Board members to discuss concerns and queries. The meeting will then commence, followed by open questions.

The Liberal Democrat MP recently secured assurances from the Hospital that no services would be lost without equal or better replacements, and that there would be a programme of public engagement.

Tags for Forum Posts: whittington hospital

Views: 232

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Karen, Lyn Featherstone made a big mistake not sending anyone to the very heated meeting at Archway Hall last week; particularly as there was a good showing of 4 Labour MPs, and apparently a number of east side Haringey Labour councillors according to a chap who stopped me later in Crouch End; he works for Diane Abbott!  Quite a turn out! 

You will see fron the Islington Gazette, Joe Liddane was not Flavour of the Month, his proposals went down like a Findus Lasagne!  I will be quite blunt, if the Lib-Dems align themselves with these proposals, Haringey Council will lose it's opposition party, and Lynn F could lose easily lose her seat.  The NHS means more than Iraq, which was part of Barbara Roche's downfall.

Now HOL is not supposed to be a political platform so, simply please take heed.

The Whittington must survive with no fewer than the present 360 beds, and from the length of time I have waited in A&E for a bed has been well over the prescribed time, only once in less than 12hrs, and on one occasion 26hrs.  Mr Liddane I fear is an ineffectual Chair, and the current policies are led by accountants not health needs.

Lastly I have done a little exercise to measure the distances to the nearest A&E units, only one is less than 5 miles, the Royal Free.  It is difficult enough for me to get there from Crouch End, 2 buses or 2 trains and a walk or another bus.  The rest are 5 to 8 miles, and the North Middx. or the Homerton are not easily reached from parts of Haringey.  Going due East its 8 miles to the unloved Whips Cross, I pity Waltham Forest residents!

So a big NO from HOL and please make your views known at this Hornsey meeting on 1st March.

This is a great practical analysis.... North Mid has always been a nightmare, either travel to High Road and wait for that useless 318 or get the 144 and risk that dodgy underpass!

To add to your analysis, my family live in Southgate with Diabeties and Heart Conditions in the household. On a few occassions, the Ambulance has taken them to the Whittington as Chase Farm and North Mid were over capacity. The Whittington A&E is not under threat, but Chase Farms is. North Mid has also closed its walk in centre which I feel was pivotal for reducing A&E times. 

It all doesnt make sense and these plans are budget led.

Huh? Im confooooozled, didn't the Community have the public meeting on Tuesday 12th? and the Whittington Board/CEO attended/spoke on the panel and also answered questions? 

Over 600 people attended... a lot from Haringey too. 

Do the Lib Dems want to undermine that process by holding their own? Very odd no? Who is speaking?

Yes, but read article in the Islington Gazette or Ham & High.  Liddane's attitude is this has been decided, were going ahead, blow you lot I'm all right Jack, apologies to that brilliant 50s Sellars film, Ealing studios? or was it Pinewood, but a Boulting Brothers film (showing my age here ...).

But seriously the point that has to be made that existing site facilities must be evaluated to establish best use of all buildings as leasing some out might be a viable option.

As I explained to Karen A above, another LibDem person should have attended, to explain Lynn F's absence on an Overseas Development visit, but report the feelings of this first meeting back to her.  The more meetings, the merrier!

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service