Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Outdoor food court cluster to be constructed for 'Open Arm's' festival in Finsbury Park

A new planning application has been lodged for the construction of an outside licensed group of 'food courts' in Finsbury Park, near the Manor House Gate.

It would be part of the planned Open Arms Festival, lasting from 17th May to 17th September.

If the plans are approved, the 'court' would spread over 200m², Covering an area which is currently quite well used by groups of people.

The application describes the erection of four "food courts"

to provide food/drink refreshments and ancillary from Wednesdays - Sundays and Bank Holiday Mondays.

This satellite view from the planning application shows the proposed location (the area ringed lightly in red, just to the south-wets of the running track).

The next image, also in the application, shows the site plan.

If you can't envisage the location, this Google Maps birds-eye-view may help.

Here is a view from the footpath, to the east of the proposed site.

The following image shows what the kitchen/servery buildings would look like.

The full planning application can be viewed on Haringey's website here.

Tags for Forum Posts: finsbury park, the open arms

Views: 2250

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I just registered my support for the application here:  here  pretty easy. 

Is this the grant given by the Arts Council to Assembled Gala for the 'event' in Finsbury Park.

I've searched for 'assembled gala events' and not found much, certainly nothing in Hackney, and with Finsbury Park being where it is an easy mistake to make.

If so, then they actually don't need many customers, just put a few tents up sit on their hands to make a profit.

The source of my data https://www.artscouncil.org.uk/sites/default/files/download-file/CR...

They might not *need* many but I expect they’ll get lots. It’s a good, inclusive idea after over a year of social isolation for many.  

This looks amazing - more portaloos and enough seats and this will be amazing!!

Finsbury Park is both Metropolitan Open Land and a Historic Park. I wonder if that helps in assessing the merits of the planning application

There is now a petition online for those wishing to object. https://www.change.org/p/haringey-council-stop-the-pub-in-the-park

The Metropolitan Police publishes crime statistics for local areas. The figures for February are shown in the image. Generally there is an upturn in crime over the warmer months

Thanks for this, it has promted me to offer my suport for the project on the planning application. 

Me too... it’s a fantastic idea! 

With only a few days to go before the Haringey Licensing Committee meeting on 4 May (and after the deadline for representations - 8 April) the organisers have submitted additional conditions which they want the committee to agree to.  

These include a fence round the entire event area; control of entry; no off sales.  Most importantly the maximum number of attendees (not including staff) has increased from 200 to 700 at any one time.  This increase makes a mockery of the licensing application procedure as the increase involves a substantial change in the nature of the event.  In March, the Council officers informed the Cabinet member responsible for the hire agreement that the “Due to the low numbers within the venue at any one time (200), it is anticipated that any noise levels emanating from the onsite performances will be kept to a minimum, with minimal effect on park users, and local residents.”  Will the noise levels for a crowd of 200 be adequate for a 250% increase to 700 - I doubt it.   The Council should be cancelling the hire agreement as the change is too great to ignore.

I submitted a contribution about 2 hours ago - but it appears to have been censored as it has disappeared.  So here it is again.

With only a few days to go before the Haringey Licensing Committee meeting on 4 May (and after the deadline for representations - 8 April) the organisers have submitted additional conditions which they want the committee to agree to.  

These include a fence round the entire event area; control of entry; no off sales.  Most importantly the maximum number of attendees (not including staff) has increased from 200 to 700 at any one time.  This increase makes a mockery of the licensing application procedure as the increase involves a substantial change in the nature of the event.  In March, the Council officers informed the Cabinet member responsible for the hire agreement that the “Due to the low numbers within the venue at any one time (200), it is anticipated that any noise levels emanating from the onsite performances will be kept to a minimum, with minimal effect on park users, and local residents.”  Will the noise levels for a crowd of 200 be adequate for a 250% increase to 700 - I doubt it.   The Council should be cancelling the hire agreement as the change is too great to ignore.

Censored?? Think you're getting your knickers in a twist, Konrad. I think you must mean this contribution on the other thread.

I posted the same message on both this discussion and the other one concerning the licensing application.  The message on this discussion then disappeared, so I reposted it.

PS - wake up - I posted that message on 28 April, it is now 4 May - where have you been?

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service