Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

New brand identity strategy for Haringey

"I am in"

Discuss.

CDC
Haringey Councillor
Liberal Democrat Party

---

update to mark the 'soft launch' (click to enlarge):—

The £20,000 film, The Haringey Story

Tags for Forum Posts: I am in, Local Government, brand strategy, folly, identity, nonsense, vanity, waste of money

Views: 9391

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They may be in the sports centres, there are bits of kit like this and goggles on sale.  Will check next time I lurch along to Tottnm Green. They did have an incentive thing going where if you go in three times a week for a month you get a free water bottle or towel, this could be to do with that.

I have a nice royal blue one got off e*ay for a couple of ££ that's handy, though I like this red more - easier to find in the bottom of a bag.

Pam I don't doubt the utility of water bottles, regardless of colour. You can purchase these items from many outlets.

I'm questioning whether Local Government should be involved in their sale (or gifting) – and with the stamp of the Local Authority.

Well I suppose it's to promote the Healthy Haringey campaign
http://www.haringey.gov.uk/social-care-and-health/health/public-hea...
When public health became the responsibility of local authorities they had a duty to,promote health and healthy lifestyles.

Enfield must be terribly dull.

Press on Clive.
The penny may eventually drop that even a few hundreds of pounds of public tax money wasted on trivia and vanity projects is no longer available for legitimate and important purposes.

"Even a few hundred pounds of public money wasted on trivia" is a matter of concern and yet none of you, Alan, Clive, Justin and Billy have raised an eyebrow at the £900,000 cost of bringing in an unenforceable 20mph speed limit in the Borough.

Antoinette. I'd no idea the cost was £900,000. Where does that figure come from, please?

Thanks. I missed this thread.

Public health spending by local authorities comes from government grant, ring fenced for that purpose alone. This includes heath promotion which is a duty of all local authorities. As these bottles would have cost the same whatever colour they were and whatever words were on them, do you therefore object to the provision of the water bottles per se?

The figure of £86K must surely relate to the designer's company's costs? What about changing public notice boards across the borough (eg park/library signs) and on paperwork? 

I expect that the Council leadership - aided and abetted by its large propaganda unit - will do their best to pretend that any new signs needed changing. That any new expenditure involving the joke logo would, in any case, have to be incurred.

This may not be untrue - at least in some cases.

Though in other instances it will simply be frivolous and avoidable small scale waste.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service