Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Normally a 5 minute drive, it took me an hour of mostly standstill traffic to go to Wood Green recycling centre to drop off my broken old microwave after I ordered a new one online. As a result I arrived late at work.

Don’t act surprised if people are going to start dumping stuff on the street instead.

How about the LTN permit gets granted to parking permit holders? After all it’s the rat runners that should use the main roads, not the residents!

please sign the petition if you agree (google it)

Tags for Forum Posts: low traffic neighbourhoods, traffic

Views: 1314

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In days of yore we wrote to the Council - or rang them if  we were lucky enough to own a telephone - and they would send someone to collect it.  This is a true story - believe it or don't.  But then in those days there were few cars and the councils were servants of the people, not the other way round, and Blackboy Lane was Blackboy Lane.

the cost of this is now £20. If you expect something to be a 5min drive away, I'd rather go for that option, too.

won't meet TfL funding criteria if you grant residents exemptions so pointless

I've seen a drop in fly-tipping around me too.

Why don't all if us who object to these LTNs and Haringey's insistence on completing this 18 month experiment, collectively hold a Community Charge strike and withold our monthly direct debit payments to the council until the LTNs cease? If enough of us do it we can shame the council into action. If we divert our DDs to a separate account we can bring our accounts back into line immediately if they go as far as sending round the baillif.

Why don't all of us who object to these LTNs and Haringey's insistence on completing this 18 month experiment, collectively hold a Community Charge strike and withold our monthly direct debit payments to the council until the LTNs cease? If enough of us do it we can shame the council into action. If we divert our DDs to a separate account we can bring our accounts back into line immediately if they go as far as sending round the baillif.

Strike planned for 7 Jan. Be there or be square!

Good plan.

Can we add some more stuff to this list? I'd like a cycle lane on Green Lanes, better gritting of pavements, more car parking removed in favour of parklets, cycle parking, etc, the traffic on Wightman Rd sorting out, the LTN trials to continue until the end and the data assessed, evidence based policy rather than anecdote based.

Anyone any other suggestions?

it's an anti LTN strike btw

I was talking about adding more niche stuff to the withholding council tax list.

I'm intrigued how an anti-LTN strike is going to work. Are people not going to go out in their cars?

We are not striking against cars. And needless to say that people who are against LTNs are not necessarily car owners. And surprise, surprise, we walk and cycle, too! The LTN effects both walking and cycling negatively for me. There's been 3 strikes so far so maybe have a look how people did them.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service