Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

The Haringey Teaching Apiary is a small cooperative that manages a few beehives at the Alexandra Palace Allotments and teaches people about beekeeping. This year we have some surplus honey and we're wondering about trying to sell it to raise money to help fund the running of the apiary.

Supermarkets charge about £2:50 for mass produced processed honey, or £4 for more natural honey, what would you pay for our local honey from flowers around the allotments and Alexandra Palace and bottled here on the Harringay Ladder? Would £5 a jar be excessive to help support the HTA?

There are rules about selling honey so its potentially a bit too much for us with our limited  resources,  but i thought i'd ask here to see if there was any interest. Is there? Let me know here or at xxxx

Update: Thanks for all the interest, but i'm getting flooded by requests! So removing my email and closing this discussion. I'll let you all know if/when the honey is available.

Tags for Forum Posts: honey

Views: 984

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

yes please! count me in for a jar.

Yes please! A bit late for this summer, but local honey will help combat hay fever too. (Apparently?!)

This via Twitter

HaelanCentre sell Highgate Honey for £7 a jar, and have to ration it to 2 jars per person. So demand certainly there.

Yes please, I would certainly be interested

We would Ant.

Sounds wonderful. I would definitely be interested in a jar.

And me! £5 sounds fine.

I would love some too!

Why not!! I'd love some local honey for my morning porridge

Sacrilege !!

Are you a salt and water man John?!

After years of living in the South, I'm sufficiently degenerate as to use milk instead of water. But any sweetner tastes horrible to me

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service