Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Haringey's Top 10 Things to Do: what else would be on your list?

Browsing the Haringey Council website (as you do), I noticed a listing of the Top 10 things to do in Haringey.

While I wouldn't necessarily disagree with the choice (despite a controversial entry for Finsbury Park), what would you add to the list?

I think I would add Railway Fields, Lordship Rec (below), Highgate and Queens Wood and Downhills Park for getting outdoors and, of course, a drink in our splendid Salisbury Pub. 

Although I'll be fascinated to hear what you have to say, Haringey is also interested, here's what they say: 

Do you think we’ve got it right? If not, let us know. Tweet us your recommendations and you might see it end up on the list.

Don’t forget to add #Haringeytop10 when you make you suggestions.

Check out the list here

Tags for Forum Posts: tourism, what to see in haringey

Views: 1346

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They say that there is a deer enclosure at Ally Pally.

There might be an enclosure but I think the deer have been relocated to Devon.

It's possible that the council just have no ideer. 

Also a kebab from King Kebabs. The same guy has been making them for fifteen years. He knows what he is doing.

Not just the parks and woods but mention Liz, but the paths which connect them - Parkland Walk South between Finsbury Park and Queens Wood, Parkland Walk North between Highgate Wood and Alexandra Park. The New River Path. The River Lea Navigation towpath (I think is still in Haringey?).

For the motorist, Wightman Road is always worth a visit - perhaps unique in London, this is almost one mile of road uninterrupted by signal-controlled junctions, with nearly 20 rat-running opportunities if it ever gets busy!

@ JoeW: For the motorist, Wightman Road is always worth a visit - perhaps unique in London, this is almost one mile of road uninterrupted by signal-controlled junctions, with nearly 20 rat-running opportunities if it ever gets busy!

Yes, perhaps when the latest works are complete we should ask for Wightman Rd to be recognised as a heritage site of some kind. Future generations can wonder at how things used to be when 'the motor car was king'. How despite mounting evidence about the impact of pollution on health, of the lack of exercise on health, on the benefits of cycling and walking - Haringey council still went ahead with an expensive road management scheme that aimed to actually increase traffic flow along a residential road and to increase rat running  through a highly residential area with two large primary schools.  In 2019. 

People got to get to where they want to go. Every street in Harringey is residential to some degree, although there a few industrial sites up near the recycling station. The only residents there are foxes and pigeons.

Yep, Parkland Walk, Queens Wood & Lordship Rec for me.

And a special mention for the model traffic area in the latter. 

Found the list as I was interested to know what they included

https://www.haringey.gov.uk/libraries-sport-and-leisure/culture/top...

Thanks Lisa, there’s also a link in the original post but I’ve made the font bigger based on this feedback.

Ah, clearly I can't read today!

Jam in a Jar for a cultural experience ... dogz welcome to jive too
Yes, I often spend several happy hours queing at either end of Wightman Road whilst cyclists curse at me for even daring to venture on their road at all.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service