Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Hi all, I am planning a side-return extension (inflation permitting!) and wondered if people had good / bad recent experiences using the council's Building Control service over an Approved Inspectors? Any advice / shared experiences much appreciated! Dan

Tags for Forum Posts: building control, extension

Views: 273

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We had work done in Haringey and was encouraged to use approved inspectors rather than the council service by our architects. In hindsight, I would be minded to more closely compare what each offers. Six years ago, for around the same cost, you would have got six visits during the build from the council service, but only three from the private company. The council staff should know local conditions, where the private company covered a much wider area so my impression was they didn’t have that knowledge. Once you choose the private company, you can’t go back. I would speak with both to better understand what they offer. The impression I had was the private company was more interested in repeat work from the architects and builders than protecting my interests (as their employer). I have no personal experience with the council service.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service