Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

It was with a sad heart that I saw this week that Blend has at last sold and changed hands. It appears to be in the process of being transformed into a (you guessed it) gozleme shop.

It is yet to be seen what will come of it but it looks set to join the ranks of businesses such as Beans and Barley who have been bought out and have lost any of their original appeal... B&B has more or less become a men's social club, with crystal glassware, Guiness on tap and people frequently smoking indoors. Shame but hopefully the arrival of Mum's and Dusty Knuckle will keep the high street interesting!

Views: 2353

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Le petit cafe N8 in Wightman road has lovely coffee and food but its not one for many people sitting in. 

That's a shame. Steve, the original owner, bought proper coffee and quality food to Green Lanes. More gozleme is a retrograde step. Hopefully, its not the start of a wider decline.

I think they're aiming for a broader appeal at what is now called Cafe Ines. The have an Instagram account with their brunch menu on, and it has English breakfast, eggs benedict etc. I have no affiliation, it just popped up on my feed. 

Try out With Milk or Perkyn's as alternatives to Blend.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service