Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Frobisher Rd is getting all new and resurfaced today:

though only slightly more than half of it. The resurfacing stops here just after the passage. I asked one of the workmen if they just hadn't got to the other end yet and he said no, they weren't doing the rest.

Views: 1001

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes. The comment that you deleted would be more interesting to talk about though

I can't remember my other comment. But remind me if you like.

But I'd still like to know why you think the legal process is "guff".  Seems to me that it helps - to some extent -to safeguard as well as restrict residents' rights and freedoms.

Apologies Ant. I suggested to the contractors not to bother with your end as you're not a car owner & are in the middle of applying to live in gated community bliss. It only took a cuppa tea with four lumps of sugar to corrupt their original plans.

More oddness today. They came this morning to paint the lines on the new road, starting at the Wightman Rd end, got about 15 metres down the street,...then packed up and went away

Ahem.....more affordability issues?? 

Oh it's for the people at the Greek Church... that explains a lot actually.

That would annoy me too.  Mind you at least you have paved pavements.  Ours are tarmac'ed and in a terrible condition like our road. 

As a resident of the retarmac'ed end should we be concerned as the road surface has risen to such a degree the road and pavement are the same - where is the gutter???? Plus why have the speed bumps as you approach the school been removed?
And finally the treacherous pavement outside the gates of the Greek church remains the same! Accident waiting to happen

As I recall, Vicki, when it gets high the contractors are supposed to scrape (or scabble) the existing tarmac.

If it gets to pavement height:

• drainage can be affected.
  • Cars often start parking partly on the pavement.
  • There's also a potential problem for blind and partially sighted people who rely on the kerb to warn them they've reached the footway edge. (I think transport engineers use the term "kerb upstands".) 
  • There may be other safety issues. (E.g. for children.)

I suggest you complain to the council's Environment Department. (Or "Place and Sustainability" to use its chichi and pretentious official name.)

Alternatively, if you report the problem through the free website FixMyStreet you can add a photo: also pinpoint the location on a street map which other people can view.

(Tottenham Hale ward councillor till May 2014)

Three months later and today they've come back to finish resurfacing the rest of Frobisher Rd.

This includes the stretch along the bottom of Ducketts Common to Green Lanes, so they've closed a bit of Willoughby Rd as well as Frobisher Rd, so a little trial of what the Frobisher gate would be like. I had a wander round on the way back from school, a few cars driving around a bit lost and wondering where to go but otherwise the sky doesn't seem to be falling.  

Did they scabble the surface? Or is the new stretch also at or approaching pavement level?

They haven't finished the top coat yet so can't see yet, they did seem to have scrapped off quite a lot  of the old road though. The roads are still closed today so more time for everyone to see the impact on other Ladder roads that the Frobisher gate might have.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service