Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

That's what we have to look forward to - with a short respite on the second weekend in June. People who want to use the park in this lovely weather will find half of it blocked and the other half filled with concert vehicles, litter, etc not to mention the sound levels. And those of us wanting to spend the weekends relaxing in our gardens with have a constant background of thumping music.

I really don't object to it being used for one or two weekend concerts per year, but this is well over the top - there are more in September - and deprives us both of use of a public amenity and of our right to peace. If the neighbours were regularly playing music this loud we could call the council, but in this case they are the ones responsible.

Tags for Forum Posts: finsbury park, finsbury park events, noise

Views: 2200

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just like to add the point in here that it is now gone 2230 and it is still going. Haringey council does not care how this affects people’s lives. Let’s not worry about the fact that I need to get up at 4 am to go to work and will have to suffer this serveral times more this summer. 

Oh but there are strict times of when it should end by music off lights out ! And strict noise level and strict numbers allowed none of which I think had ever been stuck to by any festival there over the past 3 yrs . My husband is finding it hard to go to sleep and he has to be up at 5 am but it makes no difference at all to Haringay . I agree I really would t be bothered that much if it was once or twice a year but it’s constant for the next few months .

Report it, otherwise tomorrow (Sunday) they will go past their 10pm curfew

I live on Lothair South and yesterday I hadn't heard a thing. I can hear some stuff now but it's barely audible. 

My main problem with park events is they cause Parkrun to be cancelled. It was cancelled on 19th and 26th May and will be cancelled again on 9th June (Southport Weekender/Transmission), 30th June (Liam Gallagher/Queens of the Stone Age) and 7th July (Wireless)

Parkrun gets over 400 participants every Saturday. Given the physical inactivity crisis which is crippling the NHS, the council should really insist that event organisers find a way to allow Parkrun to continue during event weekends.

Incidentally I managed a 3 mile run in Finsbury Park this morning and for the majority of the route was unaware that there had been an event. I have sympathy with anyone suffering excessive noise (where I live it's not really noticeable, particularly compared with the traffic noise from Wightman Road), but it is nonsense to suggest that half the park is blocked or unusable.

can't they move park run to Queens wood or Alexandra Palace? 

There are nearby parkruns in Ally Pally and Highbury Fields which already attract over 300 participants at this time of year. I suspect Queen's Wood isn't particularly suitable or it would also have one already. It would be better if the FP run could co-exist with the music event somehow but the music event organisers are unlikely to make that happen unless it's a contractual requirement by the council.

Yeah that would be a shame but we adapt I guess

I heard the sound check (at Warham) then what sounded like fireworks later but that was it. Mind you it might have been drowned out by the sodding party on Wightman Road

Yes, turns out what I could hear was the party on Wightman. Sunday was totally quiet. 

Yes it was quieter than I expected, with only occasional waves of sound. It was only a 'small' concert - (15,000 people), so I imagine the big ones coming up will be louder (45,000). I've always heard Wireless pretty clearly.

But my point about the park being partly inaccessible still stands - from just South of the cafe all you can see is a never-ending fence and the top of the stadium instead of the usual open views. This will all be left up for the whole five-week period, even if you are allowed to walk through some of the concert grounds during the week. I don't find that an acceptable way to treat public space and during the best time of year for enjoying the park.

I live on Roseberry gardens header end, and I was in the area all weekend. I didnt even know there was anything going on in Finsbury park. I literally do not know what all the fuss is about. 

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service