Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Escape Lockdown London - Live In Care Opportunities

Posting to gauge interest, please feel free to comment or PM for further details.

If you have people skills and empathy this is a nice job.

I fell back into hands on health work recently and see opportunities for people in the ailing creative and performance sectors to bail out for a bit and earn some money. I am working with a private healthcare company and suggested they allow me to recruit for potential UK based live in carers/personal assistants from my local networks.

The care industry is struggling to cope, as many European workers come to work for a month or a few (oil rig style) and go home between shifts - many now locked out of the UK by quarantine restrictions.

Homecare specifically is booming, the personal almost buddy model is attractive and institutions are seen as impersonal and even dangerous during Covid.

I’m offering a chance to get out of London, expense free, working holiday style, and enter a rapid growth industry - COVID has vastly increased the demand for homecare, at the same time as stranding many carers overseas.

The roles involve living in someone’s home 24/7 for 3 week shifts, providing facilitation such as:

• Help with personal care tasks
• Preparing meals/Feeding
• Dispensing medication
• Household tasks such as cleaning, laundry or gardening
• Help with shopping
• Assistance to attend college or work
• Driving
• Helping a person to participate in hobbies or holidays.
• Assisting with paying bills or other household management
• Helping gain access to a doctor, dentist or hospital appointment
• Random facilitation - e.g. configuring a new computer or mobility aid

The client group is tremendous diverse - now including greater numbers of younger people so there is no overall set of tasks - it can vary from babysitting style supervision to sometimes hands on healthcare delivery.

It offers the chance to escape Covid riddled cities and live/work in rural areas for a bit, and clear approx £2k a month with all living expenses covered.

The agency provide the industry standard certified training, including.
• Dementia Awareness
• End of Life
• Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
• Falls Awareness
• Fire Safety
• First Aid
• Food Hygiene
• Hand Hygiene
• Health and Safety
• Infection Control
• Lone Working
• Manual Handling of Objects
• Medication Safety
• Mental Capacity Act and DOLS
• Moving and Handling
• Nutrition and Hydration
• Person Centred Care
• Safeguarding Adults

Character, people skills and basic common sense outweigh experience.

The agency state:

“We offer competitive rates of pay, free training, excellent management support and flexible work patterns.
We pride ourselves on supporting our carers as much as we support our clients.
We are family managed and employ only carers we would have in our own home.
We look forward to meeting you.”

The clients mainly live in rural areas - hampshire - surrey - east sussex - devon etc and this adds to the working holiday element.

I made this as a form of distraction therapy for an elderly dementia patient - driving him around to help me.
https://youtu.be/mbqGx2si8wk

Any questions - hit me….

Views: 294

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Ingo, I have lots of questions - what hours and how many for £2k a month - what is all living expenses covered mean exactly , -is the person insured - do they have care training/qualifications, male or female, what age  and what is their main language?  

Hi Geraldine,

The 2k figure is for 24/7 for a month, oil rig style.

So living in the home or next door to a client, being available - which can be minimal or in fact maximal according to client needs, which can fluctuate.

LIving in means there is no rent and food alowances are paid, so minimal or zero expense.

The carer is insured via the agency.

The agency provide the industry standard certified training, including.
• Dementia Awareness
• End of Life
• Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
• Falls Awareness
• Fire Safety
• First Aid
• Food Hygiene
• Hand Hygiene
• Health and Safety
• Infection Control
• Lone Working
• Manual Handling of Objects
• Medication Safety
• Mental Capacity Act and DOLS
• Moving and Handling
• Nutrition and Hydration
• Person Centred Care
• Safeguarding Adults

Clients can be all sorts, the stereotype is elderly dementia sufferers, yet younger people have live in care too, I have worked with the 20-80 age range.

Clients are most frequently english speaking.

Please do feel free to prompt for more info.

Thank you Ingo, this looks excellent and I will keep in mind for the future.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service