Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Can anyone recommend a good dentist in Haringey?

I've been going to Smile Dental for a few years, but after they drilled into the outside of my cheek last week, confirmed they'd cover the cost and now have backtracked and only want to give me £150 off a £500 service... and I had to go and get my own week course of antibiotics and also cover that cost myself...  I'll be looking to join elsewhere.

All recommendations welcome.

(And advice if anyone has had to deal with this sort of issue before).

Tags for Forum Posts: dentist

Views: 1546

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This sounds like the stuff of nightmares. Following on from Reduby’s comment above, if you search on dental malpractice, there seem to lots of options. Given how the practice seems to have behaved following the incident, I’d be tempted. 

Yeah - thanks... it's a difficult one. I'm not going to go back there anyway - and don't want to go around slagging them off, but it's just one of those odd things where if I were the dentist, the VERY LEAST I would've done was cover the cost of the crown. Let alone covering the antibiotics, a clean and a check up on top of it. Hence me not returning there and just can't believe they went to only knock £150 off the price! I was treated like they had painted my house and forgot to paint the door...and knocked money off. As opposed to drilling into my cheek and causing endless stress.

Last update - I was able to get them to cover the crown work, and had them confirm that although the crown itself is covered for a year, the tooth under it isn't. And, they're sending me a cheque for the antibiotics I had to go on!

Where is Smile Dental?

The dentist that I use is called The Haringey Dentist which is next door to Iceland Haringey Green Lanes and I can highly recommend them. 

Hey, Smile Dental is on Green Lanes just near the butcher :-) And thanks, taking my 2 year old to the one near Iceland now, and they seemed nice so far, so think I'll join them for proximity convenience too!

I can second this :) 

I now go to the guys next to Iceland on GLs. I've been going there for a few years and am very happy with the service!

I use the Dental Centre@N4 (a few doors away from the Old Ale Emporium) and am very happy with them.  Dr Aashish Thanki is a lovely chap.

Thanks Michael!

Did you find a new dentist?

Just went to the one near Iceland for my son... And although the room they do it in looks very from, they were polite enough... I was actually going to post on here again to see if anyone had any others just in case 

The Haringey Dentist have had a refurb recently ....and looks lovely.

Oh good thanks Melanie. I noticed the front office had... but have the surgery rooms as well? They were just windowless, drab, dark cluttered rooms... so when we went I didn't hold out much hope!

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service