Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I've been persuaded to get a real Christmas tree this year. Does anybody know of anywhere fairly locally that I can get one?

I can't bear the thought of Homebase at the weekend, please save me!

Tags for Forum Posts: christmas trees

Views: 238

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Fippo,
you can get your lovely real Christmas Tree at a stall on the High Road between Turnpike Lane and Shopping City. We've got ours from there for the last 2 years, and they last pretty well.
You can always pop into the Big Green Bookshop while you're there (just round the corner), and kill 2 festive birds with one yuletide stone.

Ho Ho Ho
FAITH Plant Centre, Wolves Lane, Wood Green have a large selection :)
Dusting off this thread in response to Marika's question via her status update bar. Any 2009 updates? I hear that prices have gone up quite a lot this year.
Indeed they have; 7/8 ft Nordman will set you back £50. And that's at Homebase or your local florist (e.g. by Muna's).
I was thinking that we could have organised some kind of mass purchase order here and really hammered some christmas tree vendor a la Tesco. Not a nice thing to do but I was not able to bargain AT ALL this year.
Gather a big bunch of fallen twigs (1-1.5m is good), ram then into a big pot filled with soil, decorate and after Christmas, compost the broken twigs via your garden waste bag and put the soil back in your (or someone else's) garden. Costs next to nothing and looks great.
Following Hugh's trip to the HoL loft, can I also bring out last year's discussion of Christmas tree recycling.

I was disappointed to hear nothing from either Encams [Keep Britain Tidy] or Haringey about my and other people's suggestions last year. But the Council continues to offers ways to recycle your old tree. These don't involve shoving it - tinsel 'n' all - into your bin, Or dumping it down an alley in March.

The tree recycling information is set out here on Haringey's website.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service