I've just been accepted onto Terracycle's 'Personal care & Beauty' recycling scheme. This means I can now start to collect packaging ready to parcel up & send off for recycling.
You can read more about the scheme & what is accepted here: https://www.terracycle.co.uk/en-GB/brigades/personal-care-and-beaut...
The list is as follows:
- Flexible single use mask packaging, & the blue plastic film put on top of the tissue mask
- Personal care & beauty product packaging caps, pumps & trigger sprays (not the rigid plastic bottles, as they are commonly recycled)
- Plastic pots & flexible plastic tubes (used for personal care & beauty products)
- Hair colorant kits (except rigid plastic bottles & cardboard outer, as they are commonly recycled)
- Flexible plastic wipes packages (used for personal care & beauty products)
- Plastic roll on deodorants (no aerosols)
If you'd like to drop something off to be recycled, message me & I'll let you know the address. It'll be a big clear box by the front door so you can drop off any time.
There are other Terracycle schemes for similarly difficult to recycle items, including Ella's packaging, nitrile gloves, contact lenses, air & home care product packaging, beach plastic, cigarette waste, oral care packaging, crisp packets, biscuit & snack packaging, coffee pods & writing implements. Read more & sign up here: https://www.terracycle.co.uk/en-GB/brigades
THAT IS AMAZING!
The terracycle program is brilliant!
Where are you based?
Brilliant! Just sent a connection request to get your address. And will investigate all the other schemes.
I've just sent you a connection request as I've got some packaging to recycle :)
Hi - me too! Look forward to hearing from you.