Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Bottle Apostle opened in Park Road just ten days ago and it's already becoming a firm favourite with locals. Today was my first opportunity to drop in. I'm afraid I only had my iPhone with me, so you'll have to live with slightly ropey picture quality, but I hope you'll get the general idea.

I met Chris who manages both our local store and the Hackney one and Miranda who works in Crouch End only.

Both were friendly and knowledgeable about the wines and spirits they stock.

The focus is on a range of wines that offers something a little different. Chris does the buying for both shops and has a soft spot for Portuguese wines. So as well as a good collection of French, Italian and New World wines there's a good selection of Portuguese too.

I even spotted a couple of Austrian and Swiss reds. And, sticking with the unusual, there's a nice selection of sweet wines including Eiswein and, new to me an Apple Eiswein, a kind of "Eiscider", if you will (It's the one with the maroon coloured label in the picture below).

And last but not least, there's a nice little selection of sake, if like me you're partial.

I asked Chris to have a stab at what his customers' average spend per bottle is. He thought about £15. That includes wines at £6 with plenty to suit those wanting to spend above £20+. 

If you just want to pop in and try something new or something luxuriously expensive, you can try a glass from the self-service Enomatic machines without breaking the bank.

So, do pop in and try Bottle Apostle and If you're wondering what to buy me, I'll try anything!

29, Park Road, Crouch End, N8

www.bottleapostle.com

Tags for Forum Posts: bottle apostle, crouch end

Views: 591

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

like the presentation

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service