Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Anyone know what is happening at the bottom of Wightman Road this morning?

Passed by just before 7am and the Police had cordoned off the stretch between Burgoyne and Atterbury Roads.  No sign of a car crash or anything like that.

Tags for Forum Posts: atterbury, burgoyne, police, traffic, umfreville, wightman bridge, wightman bridge closure

Views: 2274

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for the update Karen.

Thank you - I'll hope for the best in their recovery

Where is tbe incident ? its grid lock everwhere - im walking back from north harringay school to the gardens looked like it wss ip at manor house wsy to me ?? Andy

Seems to be around Harringay Station, Andy - perhaps the Passage around Burgoyne somewhere.

Its just down from harringay Station towards Endymon Road. Its blocked from The London Shelton Hotel (not sure how far down it goes).

It was gridlock at 7.15 when I left for work so I can only imagine the traffic now.

Short report from local Indy:

A 21-year-old man is in a critical condition after he was stabbed in Harringay in the early hours of this morning.

The man was found in Wightman Road and was rushed to hospital for urgent treatment.

An 18-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the incident.

The area cordoned off is after Burgoyne and is from just before Umfreville Road up to the bridge over the train line as far as I could see this morning. It also looks like the cordon is coming off the flats on the corner heading over that little bridge

When I pulled out of Umfreville Road this morning to find I couldn't turn left onto Wightman Road (just before 9am) the policeman at the top of the road said there had been a stabbing. 

So can I get to Moka for my lunch date?

My cousin who is staying managed to get to the train station at 9.30 so you should be fine Pamish

Thanks. HoL rules again.

Yes, Moka is open an accessible (on foot or after a very long drive)

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service