Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

A full house for our first author talk of the month at Stroud Green and Harringay Library with Henry Mance on animals

The Friends of Stroud Green and Harringay Library were delighted to welcome Henry Mance, author of How to Love Animals  who invited us to come and find out six things about animals.

In an illuminating and entertaining talk to a full house, Henry covered several topics including animal intelligence, their similarity to us, how we can change our attitudes to animals, how we treat animals both in zoos and domestically, the surprising news that hunting animals can be part of conservation, and ultimately how we can save the planet by protecting them. 

There were lots of questions at the end and the audience clearly had many more had we had more time! The Friends would like to thank Henry for organising the talk (and the others coming up) and for delivering such a fabulous opener!

Henry's book How to Love Animals is available to borrow from the library now. 

If you love it so much you want to buy a copy, don't forget to order from The All Good Bookshop to support your local indy bookshop.

Next Thursday at 5.30, we welcome Steve Richards,an author on politics who will look at Prime Ministers and Leadership. All welcome, the talk is free but get there on time to get a good seat. We think this talk will be as popular as Henry's!

Views: 342

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Could you put me on your email list?

ameryt@hotmail.com 

Many

Thanks

I'm not sure the Friends operate an open email list but I will check for you.

In the meantime, all upcoming events are listed in HOL and on the FBook page

The flyer above lists all the author talks coming up although this one on Jewish historywas added yesterday

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service