Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

All Discussions Tagged 'trees' (116)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

That old chestnut tree was more than 300 years old

A couple of weeks ago I shared the sad news that the ancient looking horse chestnut on Green Lanes, opposite Falkland Road, was to be cut…

Started by Hugh

10 Jan 24, 2023
Reply by John Shulver

Ancient-looking chestnut tree on Green Lanes for the chop

This in today. This is not any ordinary street tree. Because of both the way this tree looks and its position, I’ve always thought of it…

Started by Hugh

7 Jan 16, 2023
Reply by John Shulver

Another Ladder tree for the choip

This text and photo from the council today: The council will be removing a dead tree located between 51& 53 Sydney Road N8 shortly The…

Started by Hugh

0 Nov 25, 2022

Tree removals planned on Fairfax Rd and Beresford

The following dropped into the mailbox yesterday. Dear Hugh I am writing regarding the urgent tree removals on Harringay Ladder; two on Fa…

Started by HoL Site Admin

0 Nov 24, 2022

Many Trees cut down at McDonalds

Six mature trees with trunks over 1ft have been cut down on the Mcdonald's property. They have also pollarded many others (I'd be amazed if…

Started by Park

43 Nov 8, 2022
Reply by Hugh

Urgent action needed! Act now to save St Ann's Hospital Trees!

The Friends of St Ann's Green Spaces were shocked to discover that Catalyst's current planning application will result in loss of 50% of th…

Started by Liz

37 Sep 30, 2022
Reply by Kit

Plans to cut down 24 trees & build on publicly owned green spaces

The patch of undeveloped green space on Belmont Road, next to Downhills Park, on what was the old railway line is set to be built on. A con…

Started by Harringay 4eva

9 Aug 5, 2022
Reply by Sabrina

Do any recently planted street trees need your help?

My partner noticed that a young street tree diagonally opposite our house was looking a bit worse for wear, with leaves looking very dry an…

Started by Hugh

6 Jul 15, 2022
Reply by Yas Sami

200 new trees to ripped-out from Finsbury Park!

From Friends of Finsbury Park email: On Earth Day, 22 April, Haringey Council officers order 200 new trees to be ripped-out from Finsbury P…

Started by Hisky0

20 May 7, 2022
Reply by Giovanna iozzi

Stop Haringey Council’s nature-wrecking bridge design on the Parkland Walk-please sign and share petition!!

PLEASE SIGN AND SHARE OUR PETITION TO STOP THE DAMAGING BRIDGE DESIGN ON THE PARKLAND WALK (OVER STANHOPE ROAD) we need more th…

Started by Giovanna iozzi

24 Feb 12, 2022
Reply by Dick Harris

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service