Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

All Discussions Tagged 'speed humps' (11)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

House Cracks

I was going to post this in the thread on discussion about large vehicles using ladder roads (http://www.harringayonline.com/forum/topics/c

Started by Justin Guest

20 Sep 10, 2010
Reply by Alan Stanton

What if...they didn't put the speed bumps back

As you probably know. Warham has been one of the roads closed for resurfacing this week. The quiet and carlessness has been a treat, made…

Started by Liz

94 Jul 13, 2010
Reply by John McMullan

Rise in number of Lorries and other heavy vehicles ignoring the 7.5t weight limit on Ladder roads

I live in Lausanne Road and have noticed a dramatic increase in the number of lorries, concrete trucks and other large vehicles using our r…

Started by sparkle

80 May 11, 2010
Reply by John McMullan

Driving and speed humps

Driving lesson in the Guardian today here which is relevant for our speedhumped roads. Braking hard, accelerating, then braking hard for t…

Started by John McMullan

1 May 8, 2010
Reply by Pinenut

Harringay Traffic Flow - design your perfect system

As everyone seems to know how to solve the traffic flow system why don't you have a go at re-flowing the traffic from North to South and Ea…

Started by Birdy_Too

43 Apr 28, 2010
Reply by BBU

Pot holes on the Ladder - please help tell the council - hopefully we'll get improvements

Last friday...I was so pleased to see road menders setting up in the mid afternoon at the bottom of Hewitt Road ready to repair the multitu…

Started by Brenda

13 Apr 22, 2010
Reply by Brenda

DIY Streets: How locals transformed rat runs into public spaces

Interesting article about DIY street calming http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/green-living-blog/2009/nov/25/diy-streets-clapton-sustra

Started by Danzigger

8 Nov 26, 2009
Reply by Adam

20 mph for Wightman Road - consultation agreed

News from the Hornsey Journal The proposal to cut the limit from 30mph to 20mph and improve safety for Wightman Road, which links Turnpik…

Started by Liz

37 Nov 25, 2009
Reply by TTTH

the road witch trial - creativity against speeding traffic

Today I stumbled across this guy Ted Dewan and his roadwitch trial - unbelievably inspiring stuff. well worth checking this video of him ta…

Started by dan burgess

32 Apr 2, 2009
Reply by dan burgess

When was your road first messed with by the council?

All the roads North of Frobisher Rd became one way in the summer of 2002, I think. What about the rest of the ladder? When were the garde…

Started by John McMullan

22 Apr 1, 2009
Reply by Laura

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service