Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

All Discussions Tagged 'scam' (58)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

If you have any elderly neighbours please warn them of this scam

The victims in this case an elderly couple, reside in an address on Hewitt Road N8. They have a window cleaner who has not attended in appr…

Started by Harringay SNT

1 Mar 31, 2011
Reply by Brenda

Should Harringay Online (& similar websites) report all local crime?

There seem to have been a spate of incidents on the streets hereabouts recently and we or other HoL users have added posts about them onlin…

Started by Hugh

50 Feb 13, 2011
Reply by Germana

Warning of scam phone calls issued by Office of Fair Trading

Consumers are being targeted by telephone scammers claiming to be from the government, the Office of Fair Trading, a high street bank or a…

Started by Liz

1 Feb 10, 2011
Reply by maggie

Met re-launches anti-scam website

It's seems to be a day of website launches & relaunches for the Met. In addition to the new crime mapping site, today sees the relaunch…

Started by Hugh

0 Feb 2, 2011
Reply by Alice Mezzo

Endless stream of Jehovah's Witnesses to my door.....

This is not really very important but I just wondered - does anyone else get a phenomenal number of Jehovah's Witnesses to their door on th…

Started by RNM

47 Jan 26, 2011

On my own doorstep

About 2 minutes ago someone rang my doorbell. There they were. Two beggars and a baby on my doorstep, with the man saying “This is my wife,…

Started by Anette

24 Jun 24, 2010

A scam or not a scam? That is the question.

I live in a top floor flat on Green Lanes. Recently we found a photocopy note on the doormat from, purportedly, The National Grid. It said…

Started by Jimbo

3 Jun 20, 2010
Reply by Antoinette

Warning of another variant on cash machine heist

From Woodlands Park Residents' Association Newsletter: Just wanted to report something that happened to me late evening on Monday Bank Holi…

Started by HoL Site Admin

3 Jun 10, 2010
Reply by David Barry

Dodgy Virgin request for info email

I just received the following email. If you've received a similar one, right click on the url and you'll see it links you to some organisat…

Started by Hugh

0 Apr 20, 2010

Credit Card Scam

This has been passed on via another Force area through our own Fraud Department In Wiltshire Constabulary, and it is a very convincing SCAM…

Started by Harringay SNT

5 Apr 15, 2010
Reply by Malcolm

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service