Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

All Discussions Tagged 'scam' (58)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Now here's a phone scam that would almost certainly catch me out

From Islington Council's Islington Life Blog:     The fraudster, claiming to be from your bank, says that they have spotted a fraudulent…

Started by Hugh

6 Mar 23, 2012
Reply by Alison P

Doorstep scam?

Just to warn you all. Last night a man rang my door bell and asked if I had "received the paper work about the local telephone exchange bei…

Started by Josephine

32 Feb 16, 2012
Reply by meg benitez

Some sort of scam?

I'm a little concerned. We are selling (have sold) our house. Just after it went on the market, I had a print-out of our house detail put t…

Started by Anette

17 Feb 10, 2012
Reply by Anette

A(nother) phone scam

I just had a gentleman phone me from an Indian call centre, purporting to be from the "Windows Tech Support Centre". He informed me that my…

Started by AntK

7 Jan 16, 2012
Reply by Liz

A new type of telephone scam?

I'm at home a lot, so I get the usual Hello, "we're offering you blah, blah blah" which I either just hang up on or sometimes string along…

Started by Liz

1 Jan 13, 2012
Reply by Lydia R

Fake champagne & wine on sale in Haringey

Lovers of champagne and wine should buy with care after counterfeit bottles were discovered on sale in Haringey. Cabinet Member for the Env…

Started by HoL Site Admin

0 Nov 16, 2011

Possible scam

Just had a very weird occurrence.   While I was putting my daughter to bed, my wife was downstairs - we're on Seymour Road - and heard some…

Started by Hugh D

12 Sep 23, 2011
Reply by Salsa

A dangerous scam

Last night, at 1:15 am, a woman with a pleasant voice rang my doorbell and gave me an incoherent story about having lost a contact lense, a…

Started by David Schmitz

15 Jul 1, 2011

Scam-watch: bogus 'water board workers'

Just a quick heads-up as I've had a note from one of my neighbours in the Seven Sisters/Stamford Hill area of N15 about people posing as wa…

Started by Abi

4 Jun 15, 2011
Reply by Liz

Wa-wa-waaa...

Just received in my inbox - a different take on the normal style:   Hello,This message may be coming to you as a surprise but I need your h…

Started by Hugh

7 Apr 1, 2011
Reply by Anette

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service